SOLD Austin, TX: 2001 LC Fender Flares- dark gray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Great condition, originally installed by the dealer. Flares+brackets+ all hardware. Hoping to sell local but can figure out delivery if you are a little patient. Haven't really price these out much, $100 + shipping costs from 78749? OBO

Vehicle in picture is the actual vehicle it is from.
IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

Sounds like they are sold but in case they are still available, i'm Interested too.
I’ll be in touch if the first doesn’t work out.

To clarify, these will need new 3M tape. There is a small rub 1cmx2cm on one of the fenders, I think it could be polished out.

@jad05k what does your truck look like with them removed? i was thinking of doing the same with mine, just wasn't sure if it's gonna have big open holes to fill or how i would fix them. I'm right south of you in Brenham!

@jad05k what does your truck look like with them removed? i was thinking of doing the same with mine, just wasn't sure if it's gonna have big open holes to fill or how i would fix them. I'm right south of you in Brenham!
Great. No holes. Simple to remove. I was reluctant for a while because you don’t know what paint damage may be underneath. I was lucky and they were installed well so I had one small spot only and everything else was easy to polish. I used a 3M rubber wheel to get the adhesive off easily.

They are installed with brackets and 3M tape, so no new holes anywhere. Reach out if you have more questions.

Great. No holes. Simple to remove. I was reluctant for a while because you don’t know what paint damage may be underneath. I was lucky and they were installed well so I had one small spot only and everything else was easy to polish. I used a 3M rubber wheel to get the adhesive off easily.

They are installed with brackets and 3M tape, so no new holes anywhere. Reach out if you have more questions.
thank you very much. do you have any "after" pics? pretty sure it will look better without them, and I was really worried there would be holes, so that's awesome!

@jad05k can you walk me though the removal bro?

@jad05k can you walk me though the removal bro?

Hey, it’s really quite simple. Remove screws (none are hidden, they are all visible) then I gently just pried the adhesive tape away from the body. In a couple spots it was more adhered, so I very carefully used a utility knife to slice the adhesive (there is probably a better/safer tool, but this worked fine).
Once the fenders were removed, I washed the area with soap and water. I then used a 3M rubber wheel to remove the residue. I polished with Meguairs ultimate compound to remove lines as best as possible.
82640F5B-9442-4726-846E-653ED1E3B7AD.jpeg
69C7DF68-6650-478F-A1FA-583331B7669F.jpeg
7FA6C578-AF23-486B-B0C2-BBA9D7581114.jpeg

Hey, it’s really quite simple. Remove screws (none are hidden, they are all visible) then I gently just pried the adhesive tape away from the body. In a couple spots it was more adhered, so I very carefully used a utility knife to slice the adhesive (there is probably a better/safer tool, but this worked fine).
Once the fenders were removed, I washed the area with soap and water. I then used a 3M rubber wheel to remove the residue. I polished with Meguairs ultimate compound to remove lines as best as possible.
View attachment 2449540View attachment 2449544View attachment 2449545
That looks awesome! Thank you!!

@jad05k i'm scared/excited to do it, just creepy not knowing what lies beneath! if the udersurfaces look horrible can they be reattached?
any clips or fasteners besides the screws? :oops: mine is a 2006 . Give me some encouragement!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom