Aussie FJ 45 Resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice do ya know of any good tracks round here?

Hey Mash did you say ya going to paint the truck blue?Ive seen this real cool 40 driving round dalesford a few months ago with no top and cut down doors in ford metalic blue.looked real cool.As for the best places to 4wd try the Wombat state forest near Dalesford.It is especially good in winter when it gets muddy and greasy.
:cool:

old toe joe said:
Hey Mash did you say ya going to paint the truck blue?Ive seen this real cool 40 driving round dalesford a few months ago with no top and cut down doors in ford metalic blue.looked real cool.As for the best places to 4wd try the Wombat state forest near Dalesford.It is especially good in winter when it gets muddy and greasy.
:cool:

Hay Old Toe Joe if the 40 was a SWB then I'm pritty sure i know the owner. Sorry the former owner, it's me step mums son! He sold it not that long ago to some lucky bastard.:mad: Wish he had of let me drive it first before selling it.
The paint colour I've decided to go with is from VHT called Ocean Blue. For two reasons realy, one it looks ok and two have found out that my mates father works at the factory where they distribute it.;)
Maybe I mite have to borrow dads 60 and check out the state forest.
Cheers Mash

Hey Mash ,what are you after for your truck,a show piece or a go piece?Can't have both.That shorty 40 I saw was about 3 months ago and it looked spic.Cool if it was your step bros.What type of paint is it that you are going to be using ? is it acrylic lacquer or 2 pack enamel. Acrylic is easier for the back yarder but you need a lot of elbow grease to polish it up after spraying:-don't need proper respirative breathing apparatus,just aface musk and filters.

I'm after a 4X4 that has heaps of go rather than show. But at the same time i want one with a paint job that after a clean and maybe a polish can look half good!! It's acrylic the paint Im going to use.

Well tonight i thought that i better do some work on the parts of my yota that i have in my possesion!!:rolleyes: I sanded back the wiper motor casing and the headlight suround. As the first effort of putting paint on the casing was to help me decide what colour to paint the yota, i thought that i better do it some what correct!:) Had to sand back the casing to metal and just took the shine off the headlight suround. Below (if it works) is a shot of the woefull job i did.
My%20Yota%20022.jpg

Cheers Mash:)

:mad: Dont know whats going on? Always seams to do this!:mad: Think i need to find a better way to put them on to here. :confused: Mite have to try photo bucket.
Sorry All:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom