August 15: Red Cone, Deer Creek, Saints John (long weekend with camping) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who is planning on making the Red Cone run and whether or not you plan to camp.

Ran it last weekend and it's in good shape
IMG_4473.jpeg

IMG_4500.jpeg

I am planning to go (and to camp) but have to see what the work schedule brings w/respect to weekends.

Alright, updated plans.

I'm definitely in. And wouldn't mind camping Saturday night. Or I could come out Friday night and camp Fri/Sat.

The wife would probably just prefer a Sat night camp though... lol.

After my truck got beat to s*** in the last hail storm, I won't be making the trip. I'm waiting to hear back from the adjuster about whether she's totaled... but looks like I'll be replacing a lot of stuff regardless.

I hope y'all enjoy, and hopefully I'll be back and ready to rock by the next club run. Cheers!

-Patrick

I'd love to be on this outing, but My daughter is getting Sr. Pictures this week so I am out. I am definitely in next month for San Juan Mountains though.

Suggestions on where to camp and when to meet up?

There are two Forest Service campgrounds on County Road 60 once you get beyond the private property and into the National Forest. Handcart CG is on FS Road 121 (Webster Pass) and then Hall Valley CG is a short distance up FS Road 120C. Both of these are "improved" campgrounds with a user fee.

You can "dispersed camp" at any suitable site in the National Forest.

Let's let @Pops chime in on when/where to meet.

I can camp Friday Night but will have to be home for a family obligation Saturday evening. @SAS can you suggest a meeting place for Friday?

I'm going to be coming from Silverton, so let's meet at the trailhead. @wonderlc does that sound good? Trailhead at 1030-11-ish?

If we are all coming from the Colorado Springs area we could meet up at the Alta Convienence Gas Station before Woodland Park. The earliest I can make it is 4:30.

Oops, sorry, I thought @wonderlc was going to be out there before Friday (read in previous post). I'm coming from Silverton on Friday night or Saturday morning. What time you think you'll be at the trailhead?

Change in my plans. I will not be camping Friday night. I'll meet you at the trail head between 9 and 10 Saturday morning, Let me know if that works for you all.

@SAS sorry I should have read all the posts first. 10:30 - 1100 works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom