Aug/Sept 2007 Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
So at the last meeting we talked about a trail ride... even talked about a day iirc(this coming Saturday Aug 25th).

Anyone still interested in this? If so, give me (Ed) a call.

If no, I propose Saturday Sept. 9th as an alternate day... which should give sufficient notice, too. Chime in here or call with availability if you're interested.

Last edited:
Location?

Hey what about the 8th? I'm free, inbetween racing....

We could go somewhere I'm sure...

Ok... so it turns out that we are looking at September 9th (SUNDAY) for a Wellsville trip now. (There were too many reports of "not available" for Saturday.)

Those in the club will be receiving email info about the ride as we settle on the plan. Anyone else interested in joining can send an email to my username @ yahoo.

I'd be interested. Wellsburg is only 20 miles away from me.

How rugged are we talking? My Cruiser is stock except wheels/tires and I really don't want to pound her too much.

How rugged are we talking?

I imagine you should be fine... there's a mix of terrain and usually options to choose your comfort level. What's your experience like?

So far (that i know of) we have a stock 62, a 40 with 33's, and a SOA 40. I'm not sure if/what Nick's bringin (still comin, now that it's on Sunday, Nick?)... and I'm still hoping some other members join in (most have 40's), and maybe a friend or two w/ XJ's.

Scuba diving on the 9th
Sorry

Next time for sure!

There's other stock-ish vehicles, and we'll be there to guide you through anything you need help with. The only thing is sometimes ya don't know till you're on a trail (& try it!) how it'll be or if you'll make it... but that's half the fun!

We'd decide how to proceed as a group, and won't leave ya hangin... would be sure you get through any tough spots.

You should come!

You guys have fun. Lots of fun in Wellsville.

I live in Ohio and are usually on the Ohio board.
Anyway, I was at Wellsville last weekend and saw a couple
of Yota's there. Don't know if they're on here (ih8mud).
A red 1st Gen 4runner w/ PA. plates. The other was white.

It's a little (understatement) dusty there and a couple of
new trees are down. Otherwise the trails are perfect.

I will have to check back here for trail rides, always
good to meet and wheel w/ some new people.

BTW, Summit Racing is having a Truckfest next weekend (15th).
They have a show & shine along w/ a mini rubicon. Not bad
for a day trip. Plus they have deals in the showroom.

Have a good weekend guys, enjoy.
-Kevin

Could you post details: address for mapquest, time, expected duration? I'll have to be back on the road around 4pm.

Thanks.

Details just went out via email. if you had any trouble receiving the email... send a msg to my username @ yahoo.com

just realized i didn't mention duration in it though... with the way the trails are, you get spit back into a central area off of most of them... so you could split if/when you need to (the group may or may not have had its fill by 4, we'll see what the day holds).

I had a great time. I learned a lot (especially things NOT to do). The old girl did really well and held up like a champ. I'm hoping some body will post some of the pics taken.

I'm definately up for the next one!:bounce:

I had a great time too. It was an awesome day. Despite the rain, I think everybody had a blast.

Turns out i only took 8 pix... but here are a couple...

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

Sorry, Gene, it looks like i didn't get any action shots of ya. You'll hafta come out again for another chance.

Cheers to all that came out and weren't afraid of a little rain! :beer:

One more (from Nick's cell phone... thanks Nick!)... from when i did the final hillclimb... where i needed a winch for 5-10' to minimize risk of a flop on that slick muddy rock...

IMG00048.jpg

At least a locker:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom