Atlanta frame shops?? Bent axle housing?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

85roktoy

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys, I took my 40 to get aligned since the lift was installed and the guy told me it couldn't be aligned on the front right side. I talked to some guys here and they mentioned bad knuckle bearings or a bent axle?? I really hope its the bearings but when I jacked it up and shook it from top to bottom it was tight. Are there any frame shops that could correct this problem or would it be easier to get a whole new housing?? Any help would be great. Thanks, Wes

Are you sure it's a bent housing? I betcha it's just worn knuckle bearings.

Edit: Alignment...what's that?

Last edited:
Are you sure it's a bent housing? I betcha it's just worn knuckle bearings.

Edit: Alignment...what's that?
Yeah, I really hope its the knuckle bearings too. I just don't see how it could be bent. Its only got 75k original and it was bone stock when I got it. The tire is wearing on the outside too. That means the tube would have to be bent down on the end?? I'm going to rebuild that side of the knuckle b/f I do anything else.

I did lift that side up and try to move the tire from top to bottom to see if there was any play but it was pretty tight. Hopefully its bad knuckle bearings though.

This may be too obvious, but have you checked the torque on the four bolts of the steering arm thingee? Mine were scary-loose when I got my cruiser. :eek:

This may be too obvious, but have you checked the torque on the four bolts of the steering arm thingee? Mine were scary-loose when I got my cruiser. :eek:
No, I havn't checked those. Its a possibility. I'll check when its not 200 freakin degrees outside!!

If you need an axle housing let me know. I have a couple that I would be very happy to find a new home for.

Mike

If you need an axle housing let me know. I have a couple that I would be very happy to find a new home for.

Mike
I will def let you know. Havn't done anything yet though. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom