Arizona Classifieds / For Sale / Wanted (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

custom roof rack 72" x 55" fits trucks with drip rails. adjustable legs. sturdy but lightweight construction

$275.00

bump - new price is $250 and going to CL. New pic >

1018161028.jpg

Mudship:
Request or ideas welcome.

I need to get the FJ40 from Phoenix to Farmington, NM. About 400 miles.
I have a bid up on Uship and another shipping auction site. The alternative is to rent/borrow a twin axle trailer and a full size truck and do it myself.

What do you think?

Mudship:
Request or ideas welcome.

I need to get the FJ40 from Phoenix to Farmington, NM. About 400 miles.
I have a bid up on Uship and another shipping auction site. The alternative is to rent/borrow a twin axle trailer and a full size truck and do it myself.

What do you think?
Drive it!!!!!

Borrow a 3/4 ton truck and a uhaul auto transport. 54.95 a day plus gas in a borrowed truck.
Yah, that's what I'm leaning towards.

Drive it!!!!!
I would if it wasn't going there for a rebuild. I'm driving it home and camping along the way when it's done.

(Also, for those wondering why the trip to Farmington and not to Murf, I have complete confidence in the guys at Camelback. They just rebuilt my 80's engine. Bill Lee of Bill's Toy Shop is a close friend and has rebuilt this FJ40 once before and is the reason I found it and got such a good deal on it, so it goes back to him out of respect and because he's a completely OCD Toyota perfectionist to boot.)

Last edited:
How much is the quote on UShip? The trailer is not expensive but your time might be.
All over the board from $450 to $850. At $450 it's geting close to how much gas, a room for the night (I'd just tent camp though) would cost so it almost seems reasonable. The weekend to kill to do it what I don't see. Friends wedding this weekend and hunting next weekend.

Yah, that's what I'm leaning towards.

I would if it wasn't going there for a rebuild. I'm driving it home and camping along the way when it's done.

(Also, for those wondering why the trip to Farmington and not to Murf, I have complete confidence in the guys at Camelback. They just rebuilt my 80's engine. Bill Lee of Bill's Toy Shop is a close friend and has rebuilt this FJ40 once before and is the reason I found it and got such a good deal on it, so it goes back to him out of respect and because he's a completely OCD Toyota perfectionist to boot.)

Does this guy go by Silver City Cruiser on Mud. This guy had a 89 FJ62 he was parting out I was looking for interior parts but couldn't get answers. I've got free time just can drive much less haul a trailer. I got my M416 from there. Quick trip up and back from our cabin. Worse part was the highway north of Gallup across the res.

Does this guy go by Silver City Cruiser on Mud. This guy had a 89 FJ62 he was parting out I was looking for interior parts but couldn't get answers. I've got free time just can drive much less haul a trailer. I got my M416 from there. Quick trip up and back from our cabin. Worse part was the highway north of Gallup across the res.

I don't think so because his shop was in Tucson, AZ for a long time. That highway north of Gallup was entirely under construction the last time I drove it and it took forever. No fun. On the way home I am hoping to drive it and enjoy a nice adventure along the way!

I'm in the market for a clean 80 or 100, looking at all options at the moment, Anything going?

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about heading up there tomorrow for some shopping so do it to take look, but I am a bit suspicious. I can understand the paint on the bumper peeling but not the like under the driver's side door. The chrome on the front grille looks poor, three of the four rear lights have clear indicators in them (something not featured on the 1999 100s), 'Toyota' on the tailgate is in gold and in the wrong place, and the Carfax is pretty light on detail. The owner wasn't too interested in talking via email but had no problem suggesting it would be better to see it, they also said they'd put some more photos up in the morning.

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about heading up there tomorrow for some shopping so do it to take look, but I am a bit suspicious. I can understand the paint on the bumper peeling but not the like under the driver's side door. The chrome on the front grille looks poor, three of the four rear lights have clear indicators in them (something not featured on the 1999 100s), 'Toyota' on the tailgate is in gold and in the wrong place, and the Carfax is pretty light on detail. The owner wasn't too interested in talking via email but had no problem suggesting it would be better to see it, they also said they'd put some more photos up in the morning.

Look like someone tried to glue the molding back. Curious to know why there is no license plate.

For Sale, all parts for an 80 series, located in Flagstaff.

Draw Tite hitch: $40

30 mm front spring spacers (used x 500 mi, black in color): $40

Tokico OEM shocks (x4), nearly new, only 500mi in 3 months: **edit** rears are sold, fronts still available ($50)

tire lift from a 97: free with a beer donation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom