are Methods worth the $$? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star
Threads
What's the huge price on raceline wheels for?

I need some 17"s apparently. Or Toyo could do me a solid and release their MT in a 37 x 12.5" for my stock rims....

Fuel wheels are coin too...
Aren't they all made in Mexico anyways? Where do I go to get the blems and cosmetic blunders for cheap
?

If you are hoarding a set of Hutchisons, I'll send cash.

Beadlocks...are the a pain in the arse in Cali? or legal?

I run beadlocks in Cali, never had a problem. Just check torque frequently on the bolts so they don't come apart. If you're going to run toyos who cares what wheel you get since they are so f'ing heavy. Honestly, with the weight an 80 has on it you can run 12 all day and not really worry about popping a bead with a good Steel crawler wheel. Unless you wheel serious rocks all the time, you will get plenty of sidewall flex at 10-12 and not really worry about popping a bead. I've never lost a bead on an 80 and I've done some pretty hard trails in the area (Clawhammer, John bull, calico, etc.)

Just my 2 cents.

Are you mounting the tires yourself on the beadlocks or going to a shop?

4wheelparts or ORW? I think last I heard Discount Tire was no longer mounting on beadlock wheels. I could be wrong though. :meh:

I mounted the beadlocks myself (I run 39x13.5x17 on allied beadlocks on my 4runner), it's not that hard to do, just time consuming. Using a 5 gallon bucket and lots of soapy water helps.

all these fake beadlock wheels look like someone took their daughters bedazzler to them.
I haven't blown a bead yet..but it's not if, it's "when". Gotten pretty lucky on the few trips thru the Rubicon I've done.

I have 1" spacers on the stock wheels, and I got gripes when I went to the tire shop last time.

SO nobody knows why I should spend 200 more per wheel to get Racelines vs. Methods? I bet they all come out of the same casting house too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom