ARB Mid-height Drawer Trim Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks- I’m hoping that someone who has installed the ARB mid height drawer system can confirm whether they had to make/special order the trim piece that runs in the back to bridge the height difference. It’s basically a bulkhead to finish the appearance and meets the height of the half cargo barrier that I also plan to install. An old install video referenced a bunch of trim pieces being included but I’ve also read contrary accounts.

I’m thinking about the infill strip shown here in the red circle:

3DE0F5C1-337A-4E3C-A77B-BDF831CC6555.jpeg

For anyone that stumbles on this thread later- there IS a trim kit that's required for the mid height drawers. The part #s are RFFKADP1045R and RFFKADP1045L. I'll have to wait until delivery to confirm but given the slightly higher price of the left kit, I believe it may also come with the rear bulkhead trim piece.

1652726648527.png

For anyone that stumbles on this thread later- there IS a trim kit that's required for the mid height drawers. The part #s are RFFKADP1045R and RFFKADP1045L. I'll have to wait until delivery to confirm but given the slightly higher price of the left kit, I believe it may also come with the rear bulkhead trim piece.

View attachment 3010294
Hello "Alpentalic". how did your install go? I am am new member and new LC 200 2016 owner. I am alos considering these mid height ARB drawer systems. Mainly due to 2 dogs kennels that i would like to put on top of them. Wanted to see if you could provide your opinion on these drawers. looks like inside is only 3 inches deep, is that sufficient space for overlanding and camping gear? Much appreciate your response. thanks in advance. any new pictures would be great. Wish they made these with out roll top.

It was pretty smooth! The kit comes with a lot of extra trim pieces and hardware so one of the trickiest parts is figuring out what’s needed and what’s not. I found a great install video here that I referenced a number of times to get the order of some critical install steps dialed:

My finished product looks exactly like the pick above including the barrier.

One area to pay some attention to is the bolts that attach the frame to the truck body. There are different lengths and if you don’t use the right ones there will be too much play and the drawers will squeak.

The drawer depth is limited for sure but the side wings provide deeper options for bigger stuff.

8E3EC72D-F41E-4BBF-9267-9ECB72A188DB.jpeg

3F857C72-1FFF-4E6F-8BFB-3237B0DFD429.jpeg

6354FA01-CF4B-4322-9630-D515B2868561.jpeg

It was pretty smooth! The kit comes with a lot of extra trim pieces and hardware so one of the trickiest parts is figuring out what’s needed and what’s not. I found a great install video here that I referenced a number of times to get the order of some critical install steps dialed:

One area to pay some attention to is the bolts that attach the frame to the truck body. There are different lengths and if you don’t use the right ones there will be too much play and the drawers will squeak.

The drawer depth is limited for sure but the side wings provide deeper options for bigger stuff.

View attachment 3302700

View attachment 3302701

View attachment 3302703

Nice set up. What barrier is that?

View attachment 3302700

View attachment 3302701

View attachment 3302703

Look great!! thanks for the response with pictures. Looks like you also have couple pups that use that space. i plan to order one soon. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom