ARB Lockers - Front or rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=romer link=board=1;threadid=10715;start=msg97010#msg97010 date=1075472972]
What are the advantages of the aussie locker?
[/quote]
The Aussie is a Lock-right copy and despite what people say I still insist that unless you are on ice the differences between a lock-right and an open diff are negligable on the street. Big tires made a bigger negative impact on the handling of my 40 than the locker did.

Lock-right in the rear - ARB up front. 8)

I don't know what type of wheelin you do but the rig I drove with welded front diff was an absolute bitch to turn. All it did was scrub the front tires right off the trail and you had to back up and unlock a hub to make any tight maneuvers. Worthless in the rocky stuff that we do.

I'll add one more voice to the "put it in the rear" group. Here is why-99% of the time, you don't need a front locker at all, even on hard core trails. I have run the Rubicon with only a rear locker (tore a front airline at the entrance). It is not a big deal. Most of the time, you leave the front locker off anyway, to save on bind, and birfields. I would install in the rear, then in a year or two add the front when you have some more cash (it does happen!). The rear locker is very, very helpful in the rocks. The front adds only a little in very select circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom