ARB Fridge in an open Tacoma bed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rmlca.ab.ca
I am purchasing a Tacoma in a few months and wondering what folks are doing store their fridge/freezers in the bed of the pickup? I won't have a tonneau cover or a canopy but would like something to make it weather-resistant and to look less desirable to potential thieves in an open pickup bed.

I am thinking of some sort of enclosure but here's the catch, I would like it made out of some sort of UV resistant plastic. I drew up a mock-up but for some reason Mud won't upload my pictures.

I don't like wood exposed like that all day long, even with rhino-lining or similar products. I could get something manufactured out of aluminum, but that would be a bit spendy. So what/how are folks making things out of plastics? I was thinking of some 1/4" UHMW or something like that. Youtube has tonnes of videos on plastic welding....

Thoughts?

I were you I would go with Aluminum... ⅛" thick. I have used 5250 aluminum alloy (used in marine applications), it is plenty thick, corrosion resistant, and can take a beating all day long... Spendy... yeah maybe..., but secure and worry free..... yes !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom