ARB air compressor hard mounted in cargo bay...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The factory subwoofer uses a 20A fuse (labeled #2 Radio, in the main fuse block in the engine compartment) and the factory wiring is sized accordingly. I don't remember seeing the connector and wiring for the woofer speaker switch last time I was inside the console, but it doesn't matter because this switch did _not_ switch the 20A power circuit. Rather it was only a signal that went back to the amplifier in the rear telling it to turn on. Now ARB says its twin air compressor, p/n CKMTA12, draws 56 Amps at maximum air flow. So there's no way you're going to be able to use the subwoofer circuit to run the air compressor. You need to run dedicated wiring that is fused near to the battery.

Simply mounted. No electrical done yet. No time. Tight as a tick though. Kinda stoked.......

View attachment 1213171

What are the brass fittings connected to your tank? Is that a pressure relief on top of the tee?

I'm also trying to determine if a pressure switch at the tank is required to cycle the compressor, or does the compressor have an internal switch.

Last edited:
yup......It's nothing more than a t-valve........have a stainless steel hose I'm gonna run to it. pressure relief up top. bleeder at bottom.

I will like to share you my ARB compressor mount even though it is a late reply (2 years).

I mounted my ARB compressor in the jack compartment. I can hear it, but its not too loud. I can access it if
I run out of CO2 in my Powertank.
How did you run your power? Did you tap into existing wires? I have an 80 series and want to mount it in my spare tire compartment. Thanks in advance for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom