Anyone tried these ebay HID / LED headlights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried a search and didn't see anything return on this...

Looking to replace my worn out 2008 headlights, OEM's are roughly $200 a piece, and then I found all these listed on ebay...

For Toyota Land Cruiser LC200 2008-2015 2pcs LED Front Head Light Turn Lamp Sets | eBay

For TOYOTA Land Cruiser 2008-2015 LC200 FJ200 LED Head Lights Chrome Housing | eBay

For land cruiser Headlights assembly Bi-Xenon Lens Double Beam HID KIT 2008-2015 | eBay

They are all made and china and look to be very similar to each other, probably all the same manufacturer I'm guessing, but they are priced at an interesting price point. More expensive that going with OEM replacements, but significantly cheaper than going to a true 2013+ conversion.

Emailed one of the vendors and they claim to be true plug and play into the 2008 harness which I find surprising. Anyway, before I pulled the trigger I figured I would check here first. Hope this isn't a repost.

Led bulbs are 50$ a pair. I have a 2009 lx and was able to replace the fogs and lows. The hi blinked in Drl mode so I left those halogen. Very satisfied with the leds

Right, but my lens are fogged over and can't be buffed out any further so I'm replacing the entire headlight regardless.

Likely will have to do the same next year. I had mine buffed and cleaned with a treatment last month but the plastic on the inside is also degrading. I haven't run across any aftermarket replacements worth mentioning. I did see the china versions you mentioned they're just not for me so I guess it'll be OEM replacements.

The first two look like the same headlight assy. Look nice. I'm having the same fog issue with mine and will be replacing soon. Will give these a shot.

Ok, time for an update to this thread...

I bought a set off eBay from seller jgrt-carlight for $600.

For land cruiser Headlights assembly Bi-Xenon Lens Double Beam HID KIT 2008-2015 | eBay

THEY WERE NOT PLUG AND PLAY AS THEY WERE ADVERTISED! They had the wiring harness for a 2013+ LC. However, the seller wished that I have them installed because shipping would be substantial. Overall, quality of the headlight itself is very good. However, the ballasts for the HIDs seem cheap and the rubber boot that covers the HID socket under the hood was not OEM quality. I felt like they would come loose while driving and opted to install two steel band clamps to secure them just in case, which seemed to work just fine.

The light output is significantly better than the stockers, very happy with it. In fact, it makes the fog lights look awful at night because now they appear to be this hideous yellowed out glow that is hardly noticeable that they are even on when driving. So now I'm looking for a foglight upgrade :bang: ... recommendations welcome!

Got some before and after pics to help show the difference, the picture that captures the reality best is the light difference you can see on the garage door, too difficult to accurately photograph on-road light differences.

This is the stock light output...

IMG_4928.JPG

IMG_4930.JPG

New ebay ones installed...

IMG_4968.JPG

IMG_4969.JPG

Last edited:
Also worth noting, during the install (as mentioned in other retrofit threads) I did have to use a multitool to shave off part of the headlight spray washer thing-a-ma-jigger bracket off the inside of the bumper cover to make 2013+ headlights fit with the bumper cover. Not sure if that makes sense LOL, but i still seemed very secure to the bumper and did not function.

Here are some pics before the install, note the cheap ballasts (not really concerned about this, if they go out I'll replace them with higher quality units) , and the pic of the stock connectors vs the 2013+ LC connectors that came on the headlights. They were packaged very well and no noticeable blemishes on either headlight.

Overall, I think it satisfied my goal of getting the better looking and better performing 2013+ LC headlights at a much lower cost than going the OEM route.

IMG_4931.JPG

IMG_4932.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG

Last edited:
Ive been running these for about a year now. You get what you pay for in this unfortunately. I scored them last year during a black friday sale so I was only out like 400 bucks for mine. First, they will leak and get condensation inside. I had to remove them 3 times to reseal them with silicone and dry/bake them out to remove the moisture. Second, the projectors are not firmly mounted inside the housings. They will bounce with road imperfections. The light output is narrow and has multiple hotspots. Realistically, they should be retrofitted with a quality projector, but at that point, i'll likely replace the entire assembly with OEM ones. Third, that HID kit will fail on you. Buy OEM round ballasts. They will fit right into the housing where the dust cover is now. They have gaskets and will keep moisture out.

All in all, I wish I would have just bought the OEM ones and went that route. They have been a royal pain and unreliable. They were super easy to adapt the wiring but that is about it. Once these yellow and crack, they're gone. If you look closely at them, the finish is terrible inside and the details leave a lot to be desired. In fact, a stray piece of chrome assembly ended up by the turn signal from God knows where....

Learn from my mistakes. If you don't want headaches, get the OEM ones.

Thanks for the heads up cruisin... a little late, but better than never.

Hopefully this thread will help those in the future. I'll continue to document my experience with them for that purpose. Also I should note that they seller refunded me $200 for not being plug and play ($600 - $200 = $400 into this setup).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom