Anyone seen/have the skid plates that come on the LC Heritage Edition? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are they well made, meaning will they protect as well as some of the aftermarket ones can or do?

I’m learning that pre-2016 LX’s have an easier time getting aftermarket goodies that fit. I have a 2018 and am thinking that if the Toyota sourced ones are good, they might fit.....

Cheers,
John

I haven't had mine off yet, but from an external/visual look they seem to be the same as were on my 2017 LC - have the same A and B stickers on the forward sections, etc. If my quick look is correct, and if later year LC and LX use the same under protection, then they will be the same as on your 2018 model.

I didn’t know that the standard LC also had skid plates. I was under the impression that this was something added to the HE but the 2020 LC brochure lists... “Skid plates — on front suspension, radiator, fuel tank and transfer case” for both std and HE versions. I stand corrected.

I guess I’d better take another look under my LX and if I get a chance, under a late model LC too. They should have the same under protection as you suspect. If I want anything beyond that it’s 3rd party time.

Cheers,
John

I didn’t know that the standard LC also had skid plates. I was under the impression that this was something added to the HE but the 2020 LC brochure lists... “Skid plates — on front suspension, radiator, fuel tank and transfer case” for both std and HE versions. I stand corrected.

I guess I’d better take another look under my LX and if I get a chance, under a late model LC too. They should have the same under protection as you suspect. If I want anything beyond that it’s 3rd party time.

Cheers,
John
They do when you first buy them. Some mechanics seem to forget to reinstall them for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom