Anyone local done an 80 Series seat swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm looking to swap put my tired and torn seats, heading to look at a set from an WRX this week. It *seems* fairly straightforward as far as measuring up for some homemade adapters and the seats are manual

Any insights or tips to make it slightly less painful? Or if anyone knows a seat that fits pretty easily, LET ME KNOW. Thanks y'all.

Last edited:
I was looking at the planted brackets, not sure if the FRS has flat rails but ya might look into it. Or were you going to weld your old feet onto the new seat?

Probably not welding in the short term, Looks like the feet aren't flat/horizontal but might not be horrible to adapt. I need a bigger shop/garage...

If I get these cheap enough, I'll look in to planted brackets. They're pricey.

May end up getting some Amazon seats and Planted brackets. A little more but seems like an easy fix.

I've been think about this for a while and the thing that scars me the most is a failure where the seat mounts. I agree the planted are $$ but ya can't skimp on safety. If you do find a place willing to weld up the seats please share. Im a long way from doing seats but it would be good info to have.

Good luck and post back any progress 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom