anyone know were i can find a fj60 front axel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im looking to just put a 60 axel under my 45 because the one i have is really morfed ie it has disk brakes and small knuckles on it , other question is does the 60 have the same spring location of the 40 and 45? thanks guys

Are you looking for the housing or the whole Assy.?
Either way, Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters sells em!
The Pick n pull out on 50 usually has some 60's around the yard too...You might get lucky there! If you find a 62, the housing come gusseted from the factory...just FYI!

Chicago

cool i just had a guy tell me he had a 62 in his garage all apart but didnt say how much. stupid question but whats the differense between the 60 and the 62

Not too sure...
One difference I know is, the 62 housing is BEEFIER than the 60 because of the gusseting I mentioned above, and I seem to recall something about a higher spline count on the 62 as well, 30 vs 28?! Dont quote me on the last part though!:eek:

Chicago

ya he has it all apart in his garage he said all it needs is the felt and to be reassembled and he wants 175, good deal?

cool i just had a guy tell me he had a 62 in his garage all apart but didnt say how much. stupid question but whats the differense between the 60 and the 62

From what I understand, other than the gusseting, some additional pinion angle, and gearing (60=3.70/62=4.10) they are the same.

The spring pad position is wider on the 60 series. So to stick a 60 series axle under a 40/55, you have to outboard your front springs. The rear will go in with just moving the spring perches to fit.

If everything is there hub to hub, $175 is pretty decent. Just make sure it's the 62 third member. Your front third will bolt in, but depending on what year it is will determine whether it is a fine spline 4.10 pinion or not(all 60 series are fine spline). You want the 62 third for the fine spline pinion/4.10 gearing.

Jack

well found out hta tthe ring gear is missing and he droped the price to 150. will the 62 knuckles fit on my early housing? and cant i just move the spring perch in for the truck, btw im soa

well found out hta tthe ring gear is missing and he droped the price to 150. will the 62 knuckles fit on my early housing? and cant i just move the spring perch in for the truck, btw im soa

The problem with moving the spring perches in on the 60 series axle is that the front diff is in the way. Much easier to outboard your front springs.

They should fit, at the very least, you will have to clearance the opening on the outer ends of the ball for the mini truck/60 series birfs to fit. With the "small" knuckles the birf is a little smaller, so you have to make room for the bigger birfield.

Jack

i dont know what year it is i just know it has the early small knuckles on it so pre 79 im pretty sure that the birfs are fine because i have had the rotors off of it, and whats different is that the axel has the small pattern but disk brakes with 4 piston calipers on it,

The later knuckles should fit, but you will/should clearance the knuckle on your housing, and then use everything from Scrub's axle. The later birfs are bigger and stronger. You should be able to use your inner axles on the 62 birfs. In fact one of the inner axles, I thinks it's the short side is the same length as the 40 inner. The "small" bolt pattern knuckles were definitely oddballs.

Jack

well can i use my third member and use all of scrubs stuff like the entire birf and knuckles and the disk brakes i have,

Hey Poor boy if you need i have a couple 85 60 series front axles complete will sell $125 for the axles also have a set of 40 axles out of a 1970 FJ 40 you can call me at (775)867-3796 or i can sell you front and rear FJ60 axles from same rig let me know ill be home most of tonight and gone Sat and Sun on trail run will be back Sun afternoon late prolly

Dan:cheers::beer:

thanks for the offer, i bought a 62 front axel but am still going to look for a rear 60 to so when i swap them i can have the sme axels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom