anyone know anything about this pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks like a great pig. The owner just need to bring it to the modern times. Tube bumpers were the sh-t in 1992. Its a great rig. Id in the ten thousand range.

Thanks for the input ..but my friend is not...not a wrench turner so any of the $3k rust pigs are really non starters. He's got a :princess:, and two little ones to cart around and is looking for a clean cancer free (or at least a cancer survivor done right) to kick around town in and take the fam on weekend trips to the mountains etc... I've put him on fellow mudders (Heather's , Cruiserguy's diesel, and Scottryana's) pigs which are all decent to excellent builds in their own rights and in the $15k asking range. If Heather's was updated to discs, 4sp, and PS I think he may have bitten on hers. Cruiserguy's... there is a big question looming about bringing an originally gas truck converted to diesel in from Canada (regardless of age) ...he got scared away by that. Scotty's truck is absolutely one of my fav's here in the pig corral, but let's be real for a rig that :princess: is going to have to load kids in and out of, it would need to be equipped with a catapult to get the rug rats in there. OK maybe just an elevator.

As far as the ebay pig...he had a friend check it out who's done an old scout or two and it appears some stuff was done well while other things are lacking. Pretty sure at the current bid, it is over priced and he's out on that one as well.

Last edited:
Lil John...he's look US and Canada. Not looking for discs all around...but certainly up front. He lives in PNW= lotta rain = NFW on drummies all around. I am working with him on the find a solid, clean well maintained pig...but may need front disks and PS added. The swine flu hit him about 9-10 month too late, he'd of been all over what I traded (Pigwald) for the damn boat.

Thorvald...for you, me most of us on mud that pig looks like a good staring point...but my friend needs the end point. That one would need stripped to bare metal and re-painted and a new interior...and we haven't even talked about mechanicals yet. So, with him writing checks to have that done $10k on top of where it is in the auction...not enough.

Oooo but I see wallace just posted a candidate up......

If Heather's was updated to discs, 4sp, and PS I think he may have bitten on hers.

I'd be happy to have that all done for him at cost and then send it his way! But that would probably exceed his budget. :)

Hey Heather...yes I do think yours is at his budget, so for him to bag it and upgrade it...(because he's not turning wrenches) blows his budget. I tried :meh:

There is no way I'd pay upwards of $15k+ on that pig. Especially with a carb'd engine, a double tube bumper, and whatever is attached to the front:rolleyes:

Better bet is to track down one of the recent pigs for sale here for ~$3k and start from there.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but I think I paid ~$1400 in fab work on my FJ55(engine install, bellpan, radiator mount), plus another ~$3k for the drivetrain and adapter. This netted me a 35k mile 6.0L Vortec + 0 mile NV4500, doubler, and tcase:eek:

I took care of all the wiring and plumbing on my end.

If any auto or fab work is possible on his end, he could end up with a hell of a lot better of a pig at about the same price.
That engine is TBI.

I think it's worth 15 ish. It's a clean rig and if he take care of it its like putting money in the bank. I won't go down in value. the front bumper is really nice.

malibu can easily be an area of more dollars than sense and there are some very competent cruiser shops nearby. makes me wonder who did the resto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom