Anyone in the Phoenix Area?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

084runnerltd

SILVER Star
Threads
I located a LX online that I am ready to buy, however, I have gotten quite a few red flags.

Wondering if anyone is in the area and could swing by the dealership in Glendale, AZ? (5201 W Glendale Avenue Glendale, AZ).

Here is the listing:

A few of the red flags:
1). Google shows a different dealership “Sun City Autos” located at the address. When I asked the seller, he said that he is located right next to them...(yet they have the same address...?)

2). Originally listed in CO, but now moved to AZ-seller said he drove it to his vacation home in AZ and decided to put it on consignment therezz

3). Googling the business name “1st choice autos” in Glendale reveals basically nothing

4). Dealer website is garbage

5). I didn’t even know they made a “black edition” in 2016??

Anyway, I will buy this thing today if it is real, I just don’t want to waste a plane ticket to AZ for an attempted scam....

thanks in advance.

jake

service history PDF attached. I entered the VIN on Lexus Owners website. I just skimmed through it but looks like it was all done at Kuni Lexus of Greenwood Village in Colorado. maybe it sold at auction. Fully agree the website, and googling the address all looks fishy. I'm in Phoenix, but not sure with kids and Haloween when i'd be able to go out in Glendale. I'd recommend also posting on Copper State Cruisers Forum, they have plenty of members in that area, maybe somebody could swing by.

Attachments

• Lexus Service History _ Lexus Drivers.pdf
    353.8 KB · Views: 72
service history PDF attached. I entered the VIN on Lexus Owners website. I just skimmed through it but looks like it was all done at Kuni Lexus of Greenwood Village in Colorado. maybe it sold at auction. Fully agree the website, and googling the address all looks fishy. I'm in Phoenix, but not sure with kids and Haloween when i'd be able to go out in Glendale. I'd recommend also posting on Copper State Cruisers Forum, they have plenty of members in that area, maybe somebody could swing by.

No problem, I appreciate the help. Yes the originally owner, who I found on cars.com was in CO, so the service history makes sense.

I called the dealership today....1st call rang and rang, no answer, no voicemail. Called again andgot a hold of someone, but he didn’t instill a lot of confidence.

Just posted in CSC, thanks.

Just a gut feeling... I wouldn’t spend $60k at a place with a 1star customer review rating or with a questionable vehicle history. Like why would such a nice truck need to be auctioned...?

Just a gut feeling... I wouldn’t spend $60k at a place with a 1star customer review rating or with a questionable vehicle history. Like why would such a nice truck need to be auctioned...?

I can’t find any reviews on the dealership. “1st choice.”

SunCity has bad reviews, however when I asked the seller, he said they are located next to Sun City....

Vehicle is on consignment. I found the seller voas cars.comand contacted him. He stated that he had the LX at his vacation house in AZ and decided to sell it via consignment as he didn’t want to deal with it. (fishy? Yes, but possible)

Last edited:
You can't throw a potato without hitting a used LX for sale. If something seems off just pass.

You can't throw a potato without hitting a used LX for sale. If something seems off just pass.

That must be a nice problem to have, around me there are zero, I am forced out of state unless I want a Ford, dodge or chevy truck, I do have a lot of those around me.

I have been looking for about 6 months or so, for one that “checks all the boxes,” I was hoping this was it....

at least having it at a Lexus dealer, dealer certified, and clean 1 owner CarFax report...that you could feel good about hopping on a cheap flight to LAX and having a fun journey driving home.

I have been looking for about 6 months or so, for one that “checks all the boxes,” I was hoping this was it....

I didn't mean they were all in my backyard, guys in the rust belt have to travel too.

You'll find it, and I bet you'll laugh at all the trucks you almost bought.

That must be a nice problem to have, around me there are zero, I am forced out of state unless I want a Ford, dodge or chevy truck, I do have a lot of those around me.

Curious, what are the “checks all the boxes” your looking for?

Curious, what are the “checks all the boxes” your looking for?

50k miles or less
Mark levinson
Cool box
Luxery package
Under 60k $
Rear entrainment package
Exterior Color: white-however, I love this blacked out version
Salt-free location
No accidents
Clean

That is pretty much it

50k miles or less
Mark levinson
Cool box
Luxery package
Under 60k $
Rear entrainment package
Exterior Color: white-however, I love this blacked out version
Salt-free location
No accidents
Clean

That is pretty much it
Fair enough, pickings get a lot bit slimmer when you get that specific, but it'll probably pop up eventually. Closest i found was this black one, but could have rust as it was from NY state.

I'm assuming you want the 2016+ body style not earlier? I have found that i have swerved from what i originally planned every time i shopped, and ended up being very happy. Some parts of the want list are bigger deals in the future than others. I was never planning on getting a gold 200, years later it's my favorite color. We also have a white on white leather GX, was not the 1st color choice for exterior or interior, and had higher mileage than i was searching for....but was a 1 owner spotless AZ Lexus service record, so that won out and couldn't be happier.

So, if i had to prioritize your list I'd say to be flexible on color and mileage, and possibly the options packages....and don't be flexible on the service history and salt free location. Those 2 things long term are what really matter. I'd take a 70k spotless service history over a 40k mile suspect or salty history. Just my 2 cents

Fair enough, pickings get a lot bit slimmer when you get that specific, but it'll probably pop up eventually. Closest i found was this black one, but could have rust as it was from NY state.

I'm assuming you want the 2016+ body style not earlier? I have found that i have swerved from what i originally planned every time i shopped, and ended up being very happy. Some parts of the want list are bigger deals in the future than others. I was never planning on getting a gold 200, years later it's my favorite color. We also have a white on white leather GX, was not the 1st color choice for exterior or interior, and had higher mileage than i was searching for....but was a 1 owner spotless AZ Lexus service record, so that won out and couldn't be happier.

So, if i had to prioritize your list I'd say to be flexible on color and mileage, and possibly the options packages....and don't be flexible on the service history and salt free location. Those 2 things long term are what really matter. I'd take a 70k spotless service history over a 40k mile suspect or salty history. Just my 2 cents

I agree on all accounts. I realize I may have to be flexible (or very patient).

Dealership is supposed to email me some underbody pics....never got those today, so guessing this one is a dead end.

I have no experience with that dealer, but there's a ton of used car dealers all along that area of Glendale Ave and they're all a bit shady. They're not exactly where normal people go to buy a used car. Sun City is a retirement 55+ town so I can see where the owner would have dropped it off to a close dealer that does consignments so that story is most likely true and we do get a lot of snowbirds that spend winters here.

I have no experience with that dealer, but there's a ton of used car dealers all along that area of Glendale Ave and they're all a bit shady. They're not exactly where normal people go to buy a used car. Sun City is a retirement 55+ town so I can see where the owner would have dropped it off to a close dealer that does consignments so that story is most likely true and we do get a lot of snowbirds that spend winters here.

Got it, thanks for the reply.....I have moved past this one and looking elsewhere.

Thanks again to all that replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom