Anyone in Fernley??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
HOWDY FOLKS!!

Dan (spressomon) suggested that I post up here and ask if anyone in Fernley might be bored to death, so much so that he/she might want to check out a vehicle for me. :hillbilly:

I'm not gonna hide it, it's a cruiser.

It's not moving, as the seller says that the head is missing (in a shop, but could get it back for $500).

I was wondering if it would be even remotely possible to get the head slapped back on and limp it back to Utah. (Probably not too likely without a basic tune-up...)

If anyone might be able to take a look at it, as to the general state of the vehicle, I would appreciate it very much. But PLEASE DO NOT GO OUT OF YOUR WAY!!

Please PM me if anyone is willing/able to help.

Thanks, guys, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Mot

Talk with Dan Gibbs on here... He is krokarthecrooked on here but I know that he was dealing with his ailing dad a lot so his cruisers were taking a back seat to a lot of things. If you can get a response from him I will text him and see if he would be willing.

Last edited:
Thanks, GN!

The last thing I would want is to bug someone who is going through a difficult time, but I might contact him if I don't get any other source of help.

But in the end, it's just a car/truck, so if it doesn't work out, it wasn't meant to be!

Thanks again!

Mot

Ok, Dan is actually in Fallon, which is the other direction. If worse comes to worse I can probably get out on a monday and take a look at it. Fernley is kinda in-between everything but Carson City (where I am at) is probably going to be closer than any of the other guys.

Ok, Dan is actually in Fallon, which is the other direction. If worse comes to worse I can probably get out on a monday and take a look at it. Fernley is kinda in-between everything but Carson City (where I am at) is probably going to be closer than any of the other guys.

Thanks for the offer, but PLEASE DO NOT GO OUT OF YOUR WAY FOR ME/THIS!!!

"IF" you or anybody just so happen to be driving past Fernley and feel like checking it out, then that would be great.

But I do not want to inconvenience folks if I can help it (Then why would I be posting with such a request though, I know! :doh:)

Take it you are talking about this one? http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/3406737858.html
If so, I have seen it on CL since early this summer and really it is nothing more than a parts rig at best, $800 is a bit much if you ask me looking at the condition of it and the fact it is missing the head.

So, I'm guessing it would take considerably more work than just slapping the head back on then.

I should probably not even worry about it then.

Thanks!

Yeah seeing as the head is off and looks like it probably has been off for a while and the general state of the interior I would pass on it. Doesn't say why he pulled the head and that worries me unless you plan on rebuilding the entire engine. Like Dan Gibbs told me, if you are going to rebuild the upper portion you are half way to a full rebuild, a full rebuild isnt going to take you that much longer and I would rather know that all my components are new on the full rebuild than wonder if X component on the top end is not working because of Y old component on the bottom end.

Not to mention I would have to driver up with a trailer and bring it back to UT AND have the engine rebuilt.

For a -:banana: man like myself I would most likely be better off with one in running condition.

Thanks again for talking some senses into me.

For a -:banana: man like myself I would most likely be better off with one in running condition.

Paging Rusty_tlc, paging Rusty_tlc...

He might be in the mood to sell his 60.

Jack

Yeah, I check KSL and CL daily.

I hadn't seen that one since I didn't start looking seriously until sometime earlier this month.

And the little rust that is visible over the fenderwell scares me that what else might be lurking under the pain and the frame.

The rest of the truck looks pretty good. And for it to have any rust the price would need to be a bit lower, as well.

Am I being too unrealistic?
And I am fond of desert beige & white, but would entertain other colors, as well, as long as it's not the dark grey color (my 80 and Sedona are already that color. :doh:)

BTW, are you the one that got your truck in West Valley for dirt cheap? :D

Thanks for the correspondence(s), btw!

Yours,

Mot

Yup that was me... thing wasn't even on KSL for more than a day. She had more problems than advertised (most were stuff the PO didn't really know about I have a feeling) but still was well worth the price.

I too am a HUGE fan of the 464 beige and was only going to buy that color but with the price of BeBe I couldn't pass her up. Just keep looking and you will find what you are looking for, we really don't have all that many pop up in NV, oh and if you are looking for one OrygunCruiser is selling his due to other circumstances, but may be out of your price range.... see the What's It Worth thread in the 60s forum.

Got it!

Yeah, there are some things you just cannot pass up due to the price.

I've been checking out CL in AZ/NV/CA/CO and sometimes even in Texas/OR/WA/ID (and UT).

Thanks for the heads up, btw.
I'll take a look at OrygunCruiser's thread, even just for kicks!

Best,

Mot

Where are you located, what is your budget and what type of cruiser are you looking for? We maybe able to help find something as I occasionally run across ones that are not really posted in the papers.

I did have a guy locally that was trying to get rid of his because the t-case was shot. Had a lift, ARB goodness and some other cools stuff and he only wanted $4k at the time (there as that much in goodies on it).

Jack
Jack,

LOL, sorry, I didn't see your post.

He gets in the mood to sell his every now and then, I take?

There's a really clean silver one in town that a high school kid is driving.

I have often wondered if his family is a cruiser family or they just picked it up or bought it for him by chance and might be willing to part with it.

Where are you located, what is your budget and what type of cruiser are you looking for? We maybe able to help find something as I occasionally run across ones that are not really posted in the papers.

I did have a guy locally that was trying to get rid of his because the t-case was shot. Had a lift, ARB goodness and some other cools stuff and he only wanted $4k at the time (there as that much in goodies on it).

I'm in a big metropolis called Brigham City, located about 1hr north of SLC along I-15.

I would like an '86 or '87 (for the ease of putting the H55F in at a later date, or at least have that option to do it rather easily), but have not completely ruled out pre '86 or post '87 completely, yet.

I do not mind if it is not in tip-top shape, mechanically, but rust is one thing that concern me. So, if the rig has spent most of its life in the south or the west (excluding UT/ID/WY/MT), then that gives me a better chance. But of course I know there are always exceptions.

I would like it to start out as close to stock as possible.
But eventually I would like to build it up to be an expedition (wannabe) vehicle, with ARB, 2-4" lift, rear bumper with tire/jery(sp) can carrier, drawer system, aux fuel tank, etc... So, if the vehicle has some of these items already, then it's a bonus, but it's not a must, especially if it takes it out of my budget which I have set currently at $4k. And to be honest, I've also been looking at the 80 series cruisers ('95-'97) around that price, as well. My 80's got a stick, so I would not mind owning an AT 80, either, if it just so works out that way.

Anyway, if it (60/62) is a super clean truck I would consider going as high as $3.5-$4.0k, but I would love to stay closer to $3.0k or even less (I'm cheap).

Anyway, if you come across any clean 60/62 by a non-suspecting (non-cruiserhead) seller, then I would appreciate it if you could give me a shout!

Thanks!!

Mot

Jack,

LOL, sorry, I didn't see your post.

He gets in the mood to sell his every now and then, I take?

Thanks!!

Mot

No problem. He doesn't get in the mood per se, as much as I was speaking to him recently and he is debating selling it. He has a built 40 and a very nice 100, so the 60 kind of gets left behind. It is white and has some good stuff added. You might want to PM him to see what he has to say.

Jack

Not to mention I would have to driver up with a trailer and bring it back to UT AND have the engine rebuilt.

Thanks again for talking some senses into me.

Jack
I'll send a PM

No problem. He doesn't get in the mood per se, as much as I was speaking to him recently and he is debating selling it. He has a built 40 and a very nice 100, so the 60 kind of gets left behind. It is white and has some good stuff added. You might want to PM him to see what he has to say.

Jack
Thanks again, Jack!

Looks like he's beaten me to it!

I'll send a PM
I just got a PM notice...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom