Anyone heard of BogOut? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In certain circumstances it could be useful but the need for a solid anchor that is directly in line with the path taken by vehicle could prove problematic?

Have seen that, looks like a PIA compared to just putting down traction boards.

I wonder if they could be used with stakes or the buried tire trick... May provide an anchor in some situations...

That could come in handy when you don't have a rear winch.

This would have come in handy some years ago when I was stuck up to the frame in snow near Mammoth and cost me $500 for a tow truck to drag me back out. In that case there were trees behind me but off to the side so not a purely straight tow backwards. Under that circumstance I can also almost imagine the side load on the tire possibly breaking the bead, deflating the tire and making matters worse.

I wonder what you keep them in. If you really did pull out of a bog they'd be a mess, wouldn't want them in/on the truck unless in something.

Frank

Trasharoo or plastic garbage bag, you know the one we all carry as a spare rain poncho or something to lay on when it's muddy. :hillbilly:

Wouldn’t something like a 5-ton come along winch be more versatile? Also remember that you can use you hi-lift jack as a come along

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom