anyone got a 79 or newer fj40 front axel/ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
jsut as the titale says im looking for the big pattern knuckle front 40 axel i think this will fit my truck better, could like it to be complete. let me know asap thanks

chris

jsut as the titale says im looking for the big pattern knuckle front 40 axel i think this will fit my truck better, could like it to be complete. let me know asap thanks

chris

Did you learn of some problem with using the later model stuff on your front housing? If not, not sure why you are looking for a '79 and newer model. They are geared at 3.70 and are pretty hard to find. You are looking at only 4 years of production (Closer to 3 years in reality).

Use the 60 stuff or go to Pick and Pull and get Mini truck stuff and bolt 60 series rotors and use IFS calipers. There are plenty of cheaper ways of doing this.

Better yet, buy Scrub's stuff, and just hold onto the housing until you are ready to bolt it in. The extra 3" of width will come in handy later on. Good luck.

Jack

so your saying if i buy scrubs stuff i can jsut bolt the knuckles on to my old housing? thats what i would like to do but i dont know what all i have to do to make it work, i just know i need to get somthing together

What are you trying to do? If you are trying to get a wider foot print you could try a fj 80 axles, that would get you a high pinion up front, you would have to remove the stock brackets and add spring purches. If you have power steering it is already a crossover design it also has the tierod in the rear for better protection. If you wanted you can look at a set I have and get any dimensions.

I just remembered talking with Dirty Harrys Dad on High Rock. He has a set of 40 axels, I'm not sure what year. He really wanted to find them a good home and not scrap them out. Try giving Harry a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom