Anyone familiar with Bengal domestic cats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been told they act like dogs. Come when they are called, Play fetch, walk on a leach and meet you at the door when you come home. I'm thinking about getting one any members know any thing about the breed?

A close family member of mine has one. It does in fact love water and will walk outside like a dog, lots of fun but full of energy and demands a lot of attention.

My bro raised them for a while. They're cool cats and unique looking but I don't see the attraction. They are highly curious and active but that can be said of many cat breeds.

I've had great luck finding good personalities and characteristics among pound kitties. I'm pretty sure my youngest is a Somali mix. They have similar personalities to Bengals, but are much more affectionate and, in my opinion, better looking. If I were looking for a purebred, Somalis and Abysinians (sp?) would be high on my list.

Whatever you find, best of luck.:cheers:

My bro raised them for a while. They're cool cats and unique looking but I don't see the attraction. They are highly curious and active but that can be said of many cat breeds.

I've had great luck finding good personalities and characteristics among pound kitties. I'm pretty sure my youngest is a Somali mix. They have similar personalities to Bengals, but are much more affectionate and, in my opinion, better looking. If I were looking for a purebred, Somalis and Abysinians (sp?) would be high on my list.

Whatever you find, best of luck.:cheers:

I've got a pure black buddy that was born wild, personalties in cats vary so much. I let the cat pick me.

I've got a pure black buddy that was born wild, personalties in cats vary so much. I let the cat pick me.

Very true. I used to think personality was mostly learned. Experience has taught me that it's about 80% genetic.

Very true. I used to think personality was mostly learned. Experience has taught me that it's about 80% genetic.

Ha cats do what they want to do, we had a kitten we inherited once, it was worthless! wouldn't come to you, hid out somewhere all the time, pissed in the corner...:meh:

Ha cats do what they want to do, we had a kitten we inherited once, it was worthless! wouldn't come to you, hid out somewhere all the time, pissed in the corner...:meh:

He was trying to teach you that that corner needed a sandbox.:meh:

He was trying to teach you that that corner needed a sandbox.:meh:

Nah, she did it all over the house wouldn't use the catbox, and had a pet door to go outside :meh:
To the OP, sorry for the hijack, I think bengals are awesome, maybe when my buddy leaves hes 14

The moral of the hijack is this: find a kitty with a great personality because it's not likely to change much.

I want an Ocelot...:grinpimp:

ocelot 11.jpg

I want an Ocelot...:grinpimp:

No you don't, they'll fxxx you up in a heartbeat. Get him pissed off, he'll make a pit bull seem like a guinea pig.

I used to dream about a domesticated wildcat. Pound for pound, cats are pretty bad ass. I wouldn't want to deal with one big enough to really tear me up.

Last edited:
Yep, there's plenty of examples of wildcats raised as pets. Most are great pets and live with their humans without incident. But even a small cat like an ocelot can be highly formidable. If he gets scared or pissed off, there's no way you could control him, or out run him.

I lived for 18 years with a strong, stubborn, 17 pound house cat (think bulldog with claws). There were a few time when I had to restrain her and it wasn't pretty. I wouldn't want to contend with anything bigger. I love big cats, IMO they are some of the most incredible beasts on the planet. I'd still be leery of cohabitation.

screw this, the neighbor has better s***.:idea:

How about one of these domesticated Savanna cat

savanna.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom