Anyone DD 37"s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to start the hunt for lift parts. I think I have settled on a 4-5" lift with the slee plates to keep my angles in check. As far as all the other stuff slee brake lines, panhard bar, home made control arms in the rear so they are the right length, DC front shaft, misc spacers for sway, ect.

My real question is, has anyone DD a 80 on 37"s Im trying to decide between 35's and the 37's Obviously as my rig has the full fury of the 3FE a re gear is a must.
Advise apreciated.

As a side whats the norm for back spacing you guys run?:steer:

I'm currently DDing my 3FE'd 80 on 37x14r16 bias IROKs on 16x10 w/2.5" BS Al. Eagle Alloys. 5.29s make it better than stock around town and ~the same on the highway.

There's a guy in Oregon running his 3FE on 37's DD w/ stock gears. Can't remember his screen name now. He had an add selling his truck in the classifieds. I know he was looking to go down to 35's don't know if that part of the sell or wanted to change tires for DDing???

37s and stock gears isn't that bad if you can stay under ~60 and keep out of OD....but your transmission will let you know how well it likes this for long.

I daily drive Mickey Thompson 36x15.50R16 ATZ. i have the OME lift with J springs. Before these tires i had the 315 75R16 Remington Mud Brutes (34-35s). stock gears. thinking of changing gears. noticed difference in power going from the 35s to the wide 36s. what ya wanta know?

Not on my 80, but I have DD 37s and 40s. While it is nice, will that extra 1" over 35s get you over the amount of rocks that it'll cost you in gas, gears, and borderline axles?
I think 35s are a good compromise for DD duties and wheeling.
Now if you go into lightweight 37s, like the mtr, it's close in weight to a big 35 like a swamper.
I say buy what you want and make it work.
Maybe it's cuz i'm getting old and have been through the big tire phase, but enjoy the challenge of 352:D

I did daily drive with 38.5" Michelin XLs. I think what made it driveable was the 4.88 gears and the turbo. Without the turbo she would kick out of overdrive on even the slightest grade. A turbo on it made it into a whole new truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom