1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any folks in the Maple Valley / Black Diamond WA area?

Discussion in '200-Series Cruisers' started by RustySeattleCruiser, May 17, 2018 at 12:28 AM.

1. RustySeattleCruiser

RustySeattleCruiser

We just moved to MV from Seattle and I'm looking to get together with some fellow 200 owners who are familiar with the backroads out here. I've done a little exploring, but most of the trails back-up to federal and/or private land and I'd like to meet up to gain some insight and find new trails/route. Just got my 200 detailed, so she's ready for some mud :) IMG_5993.JPG

2. Docboy

Docboy

Congratz. Maple Valley is a great area to live. I used to live nearby (Fairwood) and really miss the area. Hoping some day I can move back. Seattle has certainly done down the crapper recently, homeless and druggies at literally every corner.

Not sure of any trails for the 200, but the drive to Crystal Mountain and Mt. Rainier is a nice one to do on a weekend.

3. John E Davies

John E Davies

Head over to Shelton to explore the National Forest while watching the Olympus Rally, on TOMORROW and Sunday. If you have never seen rally cars drifting around gravel corners at 80mph, up close, you are in for a treat.... Stay inside of corners and upwind.

Schedule:

Stage Rally | United States | Olympus Rally

Spectator Guide:

Stage Rally | United States | Olympus Rally

There are no good trails really close to Black Diamond, most of that area is city watershed and gated off to vehicles and people, a USFS MVUM map will show you which forest roads are open to explore in your 200.

I agree about the previous comment....my son commutes to downtown Seattle and the street people situation has become intolerable. I thought it was bad here, but ours is nothing like Seattle’s problem. I moved away 15 years ago and miss nothing about the area except the boating...

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 8:11 AM
    purdytj and Docboy like this.
  4. tbisaacs

tbisaacs

purdytj likes this.
  5. grinchy

grinchy

I can report there are no off road options in Ballard :D

I do use a 20 ft stretch of gravel every week to make sure my 4lo solenoid and center lock don't get sticky

So sad.

6. Ali M

Ali M

Media:
    I am traveling on and off for work until mid June but we should plan to get together again for new outing. I have been itching to get my LC with the new lift out in the wild but haven’t had the time sadly n

tbisaacs likes this.
  7. Pnw425

Pnw425

I live near Duvall and would be into a group drive somewhere fun and moderately rowdy (terrain wise) I got my LC earlier this year. It is stock except for RW wheels and KO2s.

tbisaacs likes this.
  8. RustySeattleCruiser

RustySeattleCruiser

Awesome, thanks for the replies all! It would be great to arrange a meet-up in the next month or so, before the summer calendars start filling-up with family/social things. Would folks be open to meeting more toward Maple Valley, Renton or somewhere else?

Ewan

tbisaacs likes this.
  9. tbisaacs

tbisaacs

I’m up for anything. We should do a Stampede pass run. It’s pretty tame but a great place to get some experience. There is a really great spot that I camp at that we could park a few rigs in.

Some photos from last year before I had my LX:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can do the whole route in a half day but we usually take our time. Lots to see.

Ali M likes this.
  10. grinchy

grinchy

11. RustySeattleCruiser

RustySeattleCruiser

Do you take NF-7030 via Greenwater or are you using the I-90 entry point? I just called NFS and 7030 is not cleared yet, looks like later this season as the snow level is still around 3500 feet. I guess most routes off of 410 aren't clear yet, but a power company did clear NF-54 recently. I'm going to do some more research to see if there are any FS roads we could hit up before late June.

Last edited: May 22, 2018 at 2:34 PM
  12. tbisaacs

tbisaacs

I usually go in at 90. I like coming up on rainier vs having it at my back. I guess I like the drama.

My friends went last weekend with a GX and Land Rover discovery and got pretty far:
    [​IMG]

This was 3 weekends ago.