Any consensus on why the OFF light keeps blinking on some GXs but not others? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've done as much research as I can but can't really seem to find the answer. So we lift our GXs, removing the air suspension and pull the 3 fuses/relay. EXCEPT, if I do that many many lights come on. I have to leave the TEMS fuse in and then the only light I get is the flashing "OFF" light. I've lived with it for about a year and it doesn't really bother me. But an answer would be good if anyone knew.

I have an 2005 (built 11/2004) and have done the ZPC. If I pull all normal fuses/relay that everyone recommends, I get several lights that stay on. If I leave TEMS in, then I only get the flashing OFF.
A friend also has a lifted 2005 (built 6/2004). He pulled the recommended fuses and no lights at all. First thought was, he has a newer ECU and maybe that had something to do with it.
But another friend (@Jlemmond ) I know has a 2006 and he also lives with the flashing OFF. So there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who has all the lights go off and who doesn't.

Last edited:
I have a 2004 (built 02/2004), and no lights on at all since getting the lift installed (and ripping out the entire air ride system). I’m out of town until Friday, but I can take a picture of the fuses left in any fuse box when I get back.

Lemme know if that would be helpful, and I’ll post them Friday night.

I have a 2004 (built 02/2004), and no lights on at all since getting the lift installed (and ripping out the entire air ride system). I’m out of town until Friday, but I can take a picture of the fuses left in any fuse box when I get back.

Lemme know if that would be helpful, and I’ll post them Friday night.

Yes that would be great!

Under the hood I've pulled the AIRSUS fuse and relay. This result I get the flashing OFF light. Also pulling the TEMS fuse in the cabin gives me the many lights.

Did you pull everything noted in Metal Tech's instructions along with the relay in the small relay box on the side of the main fuse block in the engine bay?

1655220530900.png

1655220459064.png

I’ve seen a few people talk about the persistent dash lights despite trying everything. I think if the light bothered me enough I’d pull the cluster and desolder the LED.

I gutted the compressor/tank/interior switch and everything else, pulled all 3 fuses with vehicle still off on my 01/2006 built MY 2005 and not had an issue with it. But you’d think just the simple pulling of fuses would be enough for it to shut up.

Did you pull everything noted in Metal Tech's instructions along with the relay in the small relay box on the side of the main fuse block in the engine bay?

View attachment 3033909

View attachment 3033903

Yes, I've removed all of those. However, if I leave the TEMS out, I get lots of lights. So, I leave the TEMS in just to only have the OFF light.

After consulting with @klavender1 little and doing a little more reading I started looking over fuses again. The 2 under hood fuses and 1 relay are infact gone. However the 20Amp TEMS fuse under the dash that I thought was pulled was not. So as of right now the "off light" is off after pulled the TEMS fuse. No other dash lights came on. This is on a 2006.

I’ve seen a few people talk about the persistent dash lights despite trying everything. I think if the light bothered me enough I’d pull the cluster and desolder the LED.

I gutted the compressor/tank/interior switch and everything else, pulled all 3 fuses with vehicle still off on my 01/2006 built MY 2005 and not had an issue with it. But you’d think just the simple pulling of fuses would be enough for it to shut up.

I've gotten used to the OFF light, just find it very weird why some GXs do this and some don't. My theory has been that some part of the air suspension system runs thru the ECU on older 470s. But I really have no idea.

The gauge cluster was replaced at Lexus in 2016 so I'm not gonna be desoldering anything. I might take off the outer cover and cover the light with black tape if anything.

I've removed the interior switch. Once it cools off in SC in many months, I may remove the compressor and tank if I get bored one day.

Since I've seen a lot of people have removed the tank and compressor, I decided to unplug it. If I unplug those 2 connectors and leave the TEMS fuse in place, I get no lights! No more flashing OFF light!. If I pull the TEMS, I get VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, and traction control lights.
So maybe removing/unplugging the tank/compressor is the key for those with the flashing OFF light.

Since I've seen a lot of people have removed the tank and compressor, I decided to unplug it. If I unplug those 2 connectors and leave the TEMS fuse in place, I get no lights! No more flashing OFF light!. If I pull the TEMS, I get VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, and traction control lights.
So maybe removing/unplugging the tank/compressor is the key for those with the flashing OFF light.
Might do that, since I have the same issue.

I spoke too soon. The OFF light stayed off until I started driving. Then it came right back on. I've completely removed the compressor and tank so everything is unplugged. I'm back to where I started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom