Ante up for CM05 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3fj40 said:
Bring the 100. Not that many 100 series there doin' the stuff and everyone likes to get a look at mall cruisers doing Moab ;)

Well, I want to bring the 100, especially on a trip that long. I'm spoiled. The whole idea of the trip though is to have fun.

100:
Complete the trails OK, take most all hard lines
Often concerned about damage, so caution is constantly used (more on edge)
More comfy
Unlookers shaking their heads in disbelief (hey, that'll be fun!)

80:
Complete the trails OK, take all hard lines
Almost no concern about damage due to little investment (far more relaxed)
Not too comfy, though acceptable
More overall 4-wheeling thrill

Isn't the best ingredient for MOAB the 80 scenario?

Tools R Us said:
John, easy deal, tow the trail unit with the mall cruiser! :D

DON'T BRING THAT UP!!! IT HURTS!!! :mad:

That was my original plan. Tow the 80 behind the 100. Run both rigs the same year. I've been advised to NOT try that. 35-inch tires, stock gears, the weight of an 80 and trailler.....bad combo for the 100.

Anybody got a set of stock wheels and tires I could have for a week? :D

Shotts, acutally, yes I do have extra stocker wheels and tires, only for the 80 though. Looks like you need to tow the 100 w/ the 80 :)

On another thought, there was a guy a few years ago who rented one of those mid-size (5 ton) military flat-bed trucks. He put his 55 on the bed, and flat towed the 40 behind, kind of like this (without the trailer or canopy):

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/steve_slocum/military_in_florida.jpg

3fj40 said:
What kind of man calls an 80 series ``not too comfy?''

I obviously need a 100 series :)

Well, there is quite a difference, HOWEVER, I think one of the reasons I'm "extra uncomfortable" in OUR 80 is because it's not leather and doesn't have adjustable height seats. At 6' I like my seat up all the way and back all the way. Can't do that in our 80. It drives me crazy after a while and can't wait to get out of it. It's just to low to the floor.

If I had a NICE 80 with leather seats I'm sure I wouldn't complain. (Well, as much. :) )

(No, I'm not changing seats. I'm looking for another 80...possibly.)

I have a cloth 80 too and absolutely think it is very comfy. I'm about 6'1" and don't notice TOO much other than I want the seat to go /back/ further, I'm okay on the height thing.

What price you asking for your 80?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom