Another RS3000 key fob question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, sorry if this sounds repetitive but I read thru the key fob FAQ and did a search of existing posts and couldn't find an answer so hopefully someone can help me out. I have a 1997 FZJ80 for which I used to have a working original toyota key fob for. I've since lost the fob. Looking at the photos I believe it was the black BAB237131-022 model. As I didn't have a spare fob, I used a spare key to get in the truck which of course set the alarm off. Starting the motor cancelled the alarm. I tracked down a replacement fob off ebay from keylessrides.com for $16. Thought it would be straight forward but alas no. I've followed all the instructions verbatim but I can't get the new fob to be recognized. When I depress the RS3000 program switch and hold for 5 seconds as per instructions, the status monitor turns on solid for maybe 3 seconds and then starts to blink at least 5 times before going out. I've tried resetting the ECU, which didn't work. I've tried unplugging the car battery, no go. I've tried programming the ECU with all my doors closed as one thread had mentioned, no go either. I tried looking thru the manuals off slee but I can't find any mention of what the blinking status light means. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

I had a big problem with that to- my uncle put the car on ON had to lay in the back press the reset button on the side, and then press the fob button, make sure the the trucks on ON

Well I tried and tried and still can't get the thing to work so I've decided to get hold of another fob, like the one i had originally and see if that works. If not... who knows.

I ordered a new FOB from CDan. About $60. He knows which FOB's work with which model. I programmed mine in about 3 min. Works great.

So do the 1996's FZJ80 have remote entry wired into them. I got my 80 about 2 weeks ago and was just wondering if they came with one. Thanks Jason

I bought 3 key fobs on eBay before I got one to work. They were all the right model, but the unit would not recognize the first two. On the infamous third try, everything worked just the way it is supposed to. I think you just need to go get another fob.

And good luck getting your money back. The first bad one I bought, the guy just ignored all my communication, then had the B@lls to give me negative feedback saying that I did not try to communicate. Then I took it to arbitration and he would not respond to them either. The second guy gave me my money back with no questions asked.

The first bad one I bought, the guy just ignored all my communication, then had the balls to give me negative feedback saying that I did not try to communicate.

I thought eBay changed their policy so that sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers. I am mistaken or was this changed yet again?

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom