Another Rattle... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tachycardic

SILVER Star
Threads
My ‘94 LC recently developed a rattle with light acceleration between 35-50mph. The rattle goes away immediate when the I let go of the throttle and returns immediately when I press on the gas. Rattle sounds plasticky—it is definitely not knocking, pinging, or metallic-sounding. The rattle does not get louder as the speed picks up to 50mph (steady-sounding), and actually goes away at 60mph an higher. Thoughts?

My ‘94 LC recently developed a rattle with light acceleration between 35-50mph. The rattle goes away immediate when the I let go of the throttle and returns immediately when I press on the gas. Rattle sounds plasticky—it is definitely not knocking, pinging, or metallic-sounding. The rattle does not get louder as the speed picks up to 50mph (steady-sounding), and actually goes away at 60mph an higher. Thoughts?

I have the same problem

My first through is that this is exhaust related. Mine was all sorts of rattly when I bought the truck. I would check all of the exhaust connections and mounts and go from there.

Check your fender flares.

I had one I thought was something else and it turned out to be my RR fender flare and mudflap that the screws were loose.

Also check to make sure the weatherstrip is in the flares. Without it they tend to vibrate.

I found two possible culprits of my mystery rattle

first is right under the heater hoses for the rear heater , behind my cat before the muffler. its a rubber bump stop that is rotted out and missing. DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS PART NUMBER
IMG_8543.JPG

second is the skid plate under my transfer case. the thin metal plate is pretty much touching the transfer case is flimsy enough to make a clinking noise when tapping it with my finger.
IMG_0446 2.JPG

This is the exhaust cushion and nuts.

20200129_184940.jpg

I have the same problem on 93, did you found source of noise? If I put car in D+brake and pushing gas pedal, metal rattle come, if I put car in P and pushing gas pedal, no any noise.

All exhaust cushions, manifold studs and nuts are new

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom