Another Crank-No-Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
97 FZJ80
good battery
I do have CEL when key on
I can turn headlight on and radio on and dome light on, the voltage waring light above the voltage meter lights up when key on (I was trying to see if its bad fusible link.) Horn works as well.
So far I don't have a new fusible link on hand but I'll get one from the dealer since is cheap.
All the fuses look good.
I have a new fuel pump I kept as a spare parts at home so I swapped the new pump on, still no start.
I am thinking a bad EFI relay or a bad fuel pump relay.

Any thought?

Try spraying a little either and see if it fires.. that will tell you something if it’s a fuel issue..

My guess is the small wire coming off the battery +.. it goes to a gray connector maybe 6 inches from the battery. I’ve had several of them rot out.. easy enough to check too..

Ok guys update.
Turns out it's a loose connection at the fuel pump relay socket or bad contact with in the fuel pump relay itself.
I was assuming the fuel pump relay and the EFI relay being faulty so I jump the EFI relay first (the longer two prongs), and then wiggle the socket that plugs in the fuel pump relay then gently tap on the fuel pump relay couple times.
The rig started right up.
Turn key off, started the rig again, fire right up.

Hopefully this post helps you fellas at some point,

Tim

Try spraying a little either and see if it fires.. that will tell you something if it’s a fuel issue..

My guess is the small wire coming off the battery +.. it goes to a gray connector maybe 6 inches from the battery. I’ve had several of them rot out.. easy enough to check too..
Thanks for the info, the problem is fixed, I posted an update below.

sounds alot like EFI main fuse

unplug coil lead from dizzy and see if theres spark
Thanks for the info, the problem is fixed, I posted an update below. The EFI main fuse was check at the very beginning and it was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom