Amby door hinges-- rebuildable? (1 Viewer)

It looks like amby hings are pressed together--is it possible to get them apart, put new bushings in, etc.???

Tnx,
B

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

Not that I have ever seen....

Buy new....

Josie'sLandCruiser

Stop calling it a "FJ."

Hi All:

What is your specific question?

I "rebuilt" a set of the rear "dutch door" hinges (1/2 doors pre-'75 40 Series had.) I drilled-out the old pressed-in pivot bolts and used Grade 8 (because they are shiny, and corrosion-resistent!) bolts as replacements, with NyLocks to hold 'em in place. Works just fine! ;)

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

That's basically what I did with my hood hinges, except I used stainless. However, there is less room to work with on the amby hinges: the bolts for holding them to the tub would get in the way of any bolt used for the hinge pin. After looking at them today I think it could work it out by separating the hinge, bolting one half to the body, then putting in the bolt for the hinge pin last.

That being said--what would I do for bushings?? The problem with mine is the bushings are gone, so I have metal on metal and they are rusting making lovely brown rivers down the back of my truck.

Tnx again,
B

mike

82bj42 1st project

Diesepel,
I have a good set of amby door spare hinges that I'd be willing to sell to you if you decide to replace?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom