Alternator Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting into replacing my alternator and lowering the radiator back to factory spec since doing the 1" body lift. All going fairly smoothly until I tried to disconnect the alternator clip to the wiring harness and the tab seems to be broken off. Anyone know the best removal strategy and is there a replacement clip I can purchase and re-pin?

20190825_135014[1].jpg
20190825_135028[1].jpg
20190825_134755[1].jpg

Found the connector at Conecelli Toyota near me and ordered it:
90980-11349

Ebay too:

Still need to get the old connector off. Plan is to just pinch the connector with pliers once off and the usually break apart, at least the injector clips did. Then I can re-pin and move forward. Nothing is ever just A to B.

Get one of these tools or similar for getting the pins out. HONG111 Auto Terminals Removal Key Tool Car Pin Extractor Electrical Wiring Crimp Connectors Key Extractor Connector Depinning Tool Set (21Pcs) Amazon product ASIN B07QXHNQKSIt makes it easier and you won’t risk damaging the pins breaking plug.

I have that exact set and have not been able to use any one of them successfully yet. Electronics own me

Just buy some t pins from a hobby or sewing store. Use them to remove the connectors

Got it ... did the norm on the wheeling rig and turned down my give a f*&% and busted more of the pin off, then pried up from the bottom on the side with a small flathead and it came out.

I will try to remove the pins the proper way, but if that fails, I'm assuming this will be like the injector clips that just cracked apart with a little pressure from some pliers, then just pop the connectors into the new clip. Of course I'm hedging as well and bought a backup pigtail clip from Amazon just in case.

20190826_143931[1].jpg

same thing happened to me. The connector was so brittle I was able to crush it with a plier and got the pins out intact. Replacing on the new connector was pretty straight forward

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom