Alternator/ Non Yota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yup, Y'all were right. My nice Taiwanese Alternator lasted one week... Is that a record? Makes that 9 to 3 am exchange feel so worth it.

The Voltage regulator went Friday. Headlights bright, then dim, then bright, then dim. I even have people flashing their brights back at me. I guess they think I'm flashing them. Tonight, I'm back to all the lights comming on at idle.

So, I ordered a new Yota alt this morning. After work tomorrow I'm going t replace the thing again. Then take that taiwanese thing and shove it up that Autozone booty...

DON"T BUY AFTERMARKET ALTERNATORS!!

P.S.

When I talked to the Yota parts dude, my MUD knowledge shined through. He wanted to sell me the 90 amp alt. I told him it should be the 80 amp, with the external fan, and the external voltage regulator. I hope that was right.

Correction...don't buy crappy aftermarket alternators.

Don't feel bad, most of us have also learned the hard way.

Yup, Y'all were right. My nice Taiwanese Alternator lasted one week... Is that a record? Makes that 9 to 3 am exchange feel so worth it.

The Voltage regulator went Friday. Headlights bright, then dim, then bright, then dim. I even have people flashing their brights back at me. I guess they think I'm flashing them. Tonight, I'm back to all the lights comming on at idle.

So, I ordered a new Yota alt this morning. After work tomorrow I'm going t replace the thing again. Then take that taiwanese thing and shove it up that Autozone booty...

DON"T BUY AFTERMARKET ALTERNATORS!!

P.S.

When I talked to the Yota parts dude, my MUD knowledge shined through. He wanted to sell me the 90 amp alt. I told him it should be the 80 amp, with the external fan, and the external voltage regulator. I hope that was right.

Welcome to the club.

I hope the Toyota guy knows that 80A and 90A alternators are not interchangeable...

Will an AC Delco (GM) fit an 80? My 60 is running on one, so far, no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom