Aloha from Doha (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow forum members,

Just joined the group as I recently picked up a FZJ80 while being posted in Doha. I have to thank all of you for the informative posts on this forum. It's been a great wealth of information. So, the FZJ I recently acquired is a 95 GCC FZJ. It's a pretty solid base for a GCC vehicle, but does require a lot of repair and reconditioning due to the environment and usage in the Gulf. That is also what I admire so much about this area; they use the vehicles! My plans are to replace all the body mounts, weather seals and window runs, rebuild the steering box and address any obvious mechanical issues. I've been curious if I can swap the new FZFE engine or intake manifold and still retain the factory ECU etc. This will be my off road vehicle and plan on shipping her back to the US. Anyone recommend places to source second hand parts in the region? There are a few pieces that are oop, the rear AC vent, that I'd like to replace.

#1.jpg
#2.jpg
#3.jpg
#4.jpg

I have nothing of value to add to your query, but I’d like you welcome you to the forum. What better testament to the cruiser than one used in the GCC or other less developed areas of the world? I spent a good amount of time in the desert; Saudi and Afg and these vehicle were beat to s*** and just abused in every imaginable way and yet here we are still modifying and enjoying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom