All new Roof Rack Diet... Mine was a bit too big :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a little baggie of parts, they're called "Accessory Covers." If your guy can't find 'em, call www.TRDsource.com and talk to Matt (actually, you can talk to any of the guys there; they ALL know about the FJC!). They can drop ship to you pretty quick.

Is it possible for someone to post the part number, versus everyone calling Matt each time they are missing these pieces from a port-installed OEM roofrack?

I drove my FJC under a "6'5" clearance" sign the other day, with the stock roof rack fully intact. I was probably way close to hitting it, and didn't realize it until after I had already gone under it.

Now that I'm starting to install some antennas, I think I need to start being a lot more careful about that.

You can get the Drip Rail Covers at TRD Source.com I believe they are like 10 dollars or so I do not remember exactly

Getting a set of the trim tabs that are on the rain channels before the roof racks get fitted in port. The dealership is looking into part numbers etc but it may take a bit as they can't figure out how to order them.

:rolleyes:

Roof Rack Diet

For those who've pulled the factory rack off. What do you do with the holes left from the rack?

After removing the factory rack ...

For those who've pulled the factory rack off. What do you do with the holes left from the rack?

You can always fill in the holes with the mounting bracket and screws from the ARB roof rack!

:cheers:

Roof Rack Diet

Baldman,

That sounds good but i have a couple of questions. Since I picked my FJ up from the dealer with the rack already on.
1) Where does one find these rain gutter covers?
2) will that seal up the holes or just cover them?

1) Where does one find these rain gutter covers?

You can order them from the Toyota parts dept. or ask the service manger at your local dealership(s) if they have any spares hanging around. I had to contact my regional distributor to get a set, since that is where they installed my roof rack.

2) Will that seal up the holes or just cover them?

The covers are just that - covers. You can either pickup some shorter screws from the hardware store or just add a dab of silicone to fill the mounting holes before installing the covers.

Let me know how you fair on locating the covers. I can offer you my set if you don't have any luck, as I am about to trade my FJ in on a Tundra - need the bed for hauling...and the additional tow capacity. Feel free to email me from here on out.

--Michael

I'm de-moth balling an old thread. I did this mod this weekend but with a twist. I took the front mount brackets and switched the left and right so that they would point forward, then attached some 4" lights to them. The lights are still lower than the back half of the rack.

I did have one issue though. I ordered the fog-light switch and relay from Sparks Toyota. I used the attached instructions as a guide. I plugged the switch into the white connector behind the switch console. I put the relay and 15 amp fuse in the Off-Road LP spots in the engine compartment fuse box. The lamp symbol of the switch lights up when the headlights are turned on but the rectangular light on the switch never lights up even with the switch depressed and none of the wires in the a-pillar connector is hot with the switch depressed.

I tried the blue connector behind the switch console and the Aux LP relay and fuse slots under the hood and all combinations possible of the three but I never get power to the a-pillar.

The connector in the a-pillar has from top left:

1 - Constant 12 volts. Red.
2 - Ignition On 12 volts. Orange.
3 - Empty.
4 - ? White/Black stripe.
5 - ? White/Black stripe.
6 - ? Green.

I assume this is a mirror image of the connector shown in the attached instructions Fig 2-26 since it says looking at their connector and I am looking at the a-pillar connector so one has to be flipped to plug into the other one.

So I was expecting pin 5 or 6 to be hot, but none were except of course for 1 and 2 which were unaffected by the switch.

So what I did was use pin 1 to connect the relay, hid in the a-pillar, and a rocker switch above the grab handle. It works fine and I like the fact I can turn the roof lights on without the key on.

Another strange thing, none of the 4 bolts used to attach the front 2 rack supports attach to ground. I had to run a ground wire from one of the middle roof rack support bracket bolts to get ground for the lights and not have to run another wire down the outside of the a-pillar.

But it still bothers me why I'm not getting power to the a-pillar from the dash switch.

The fuse is good, the relay is good, the switch is good. I would appreciate any suggestions to the problem, obvious or not.
FJCRoofLights.jpg

Attachments

• AirDamLightBarPT278-35071inst.pdf
    781.2 KB · Views: 203
I don't know how to fix your problem, but the lights look cool!

Great Mod here Fusion... I'll have to keep this one in mind when it comes time for the 6" lift.
Thanks for the write-up and pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom