Alignment recommendation after Dobinson's lift and SPC UCAs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2014 GX460 that I am about to install a Dobinson 2.5" lift and also change the UCAs to the SPCs. I am installing 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17x9 0 offset Fuel Rebels and hope to not have to trim or do a BMC. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to set the SPC to push the tire more forward to ensure most of the massaging is done on front of the tire? Should I go with the standard "D" setting or go slightly negative and go the "E" setting? I understand that going negative will push the tire more forward. How much caster do I want to end up with when finished?

Get it close to stock so its driveable and then let the alignment shop set up the angles according to your needs.

Some trimming/moving fender liner forward are inevitable. BMC might be able to be avoided with 0 offset wheel. Max the LCA as far forward as possible and leave the SPC on D. E would be low caster without offset LCA bushing.

Some trimming/moving fender liner forward are inevitable. BMC might be able to be avoided with 0 offset wheel. Max the LCA as far forward as possible and leave the SPC on D. E would be low caster without offset LCA bushing.
Are you saying that is what I should do is max the LCA as far forward as possible and leave the SPC on D or E? Or you saying that wouldnt leave me with enough caster? I have heard people say get as much caster as possible but doesnt that move the wheel back in the wheel well? Thanks man

Are you saying that is what I should do is max the LCA as far forward as possible and leave the SPC on D or E? Or you saying that wouldnt leave me with enough caster? I have heard people say get as much caster as possible but doesnt that move the wheel back in the wheel well? Thanks man
Adding caster thru LCA move the wheel forward.
Adding caster using UCA move the wheel backwards. Most aftermarket LCA add 2° caster compared to OEM UCA. This is to compensate for lost caster when the suspension is lifted. The UCA does not sit level. It move the ball joint forward when the suspension is raised.

3" of lift and you would lose about 2-2.5° of caster with OEM UCA. Thus why SPC recommend D, which gives 2° more caster compared to OEM UCA.

I’m running the same lift, same tire size, paired with JBA UCAs (3* of caster) and 17x8.5” wheels with -10 mm offset.

I had to do trimming of the running board, pinch weld and fender liner behind the front tire, a little trimming and massaging in front and a BMC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom