Aligning doors and front fender

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Oct 7, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
4
Location
New Zealand
After some tips for getting the doors and front fender to line up on a SWB 70 series. Rear edge is ok.

Doors are aftermarket Chinese and have been difficult to get siting right. Is the front fender able to be adjusted?

Thanks!

IMG_2669.webp


IMG_2671.webp


IMG_2669.webp
 
I have the same problem on my VDJ79, except the doors are fenders are OEM. Left side door rubs at the exact same place. I know my cruiser had previously been rolled on its side and subsequently been “fixed”. Alas, it does this same thing, and given where I live, I’ve come to accept it. Shame to hear the new door is causing you issues.
 
I have the same problem on my VDJ79, except the doors are fenders are OEM. Left side door rubs at the exact same place. I know my cruiser had previously been rolled on its side and subsequently been “fixed”. Alas, it does this same thing, and given where I live, I’ve come to accept it. Shame to hear the new door is causing you issues.
Thanks! Nice to know even OEM can be a struggle. I believe the fenders are original, but these doors aren't. Looks like I might have to keep tweaking or leave as is..
 
Back
Top Bottom