Alarm clock?!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Raven,

Nice post. I'm off to do a search on your relief spring PM as I'd like to do that also. If you didn't post it previously, would you mind conjuring up a post? Thanks.

DougM

Considering how cheap and easy it is to do and the consequences if it fails I think it is very good PM.

Here is Robbies original post

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=12356

The pictures are now gone,

if I ever did post up about it I cannot find it now, Got the parts from Dan, looking at that previous thread ,looks like $4 not $10, it is quite easy, it was well over year ago so details are fuzzy, I cannot remember if I had to remove the "skid plate" under the radiator or not but it is close to there, looking from under the truck on the outboard drivers side face of the timing cover extension there is a large bolt/plug, it is on the aluminum timing cover foreword of the power steering pump, remove the nut and the spring will come out behind it along with about half a quart of oil, maybe the plunger also (relief valve in the picture below), if not reach in with your pinky or scribe and grab onto it and pull it out, observe orientation, IIRC the plunger is basically hollow and the spring to sit into it but look at your as it comes out to be sure, put in the new plunger, spring and a new gasket on the bolt/plug tighten the plug to 36 foot pounds, install plate if removed, run engine check oil pressure is as it should be, look for leaks, shut down top off oil,

Watch closely for leaks and oil pressure for a few a wile to make sure everything is OK

No changes in oil pressure for me with the new parts, good PM.

relief.gif

The Alarm clock is very easy to use. IIRC press the alarm button then set and change the time. If the alarm is set when you get back to the clock there will be a little dot. The stopwatch is also sweet for clocking my 1/4 mile times. :rolleyes:

Just yet another thing making the 93 & 94 superior to the others....and their weak transmissions! :flipoff2:

TX_TLC said:
The Alarm clock is very easy to use. IIRC press the alarm button then set and change the time. If the alarm is set when you get back to the clock there will be a little dot. The stopwatch is also sweet for clocking my 1/4 mile times. :rolleyes:

Just yet another thing making the 93 & 94 superior to the others....and their weak transmissions! :flipoff2:

I've got that same clock on my '90 but never paid it much mind. I just use the clock function.

Kalawang

Arya Ebrahimi said:
I use the stopwatch to measure my rally-style runs down the local forest roads :D
Yeah...all 20 minutes worth of rally-style runs?

That was my gripe about the stopwatch deal -- what's up with the 20 minute limit???

NorCalDoug said:
what's up with the 20 minute limit???

in one of the linked previous threads it was stated the far left digit was only a "|", not a full led set "8" witch makes sense if it was originally made for a clock (12 is max used), that means the highest number available is 19 minutes 59 seconds.

somebody with a <95 shine a flashlight in there and see if that is true or not.

This option is obviously a must have for optional cooking in the engine bay activites....

Just checked the clock on the ole 95 - RavenTai is correct, there only is a "l" in the far left digit.

Derek

Yeah this was covered long ago on the SOR forum. The 19 is due to the lcd on the clock.
the stopwatch is cool to calibrate speed on teh interstate between mileage signs.
Dave

MTBMAN18 said:
first off I cant belive this post went to 2 pages but second I use the alarm rather often its acctually fairly loud(2 many nights driving between CO and NC)
You need to bump up the number of threads per page...I'm still on page 1 :D

I've often wondered what else (besides the clock) that slot could be used for. I can never see mine (due to driving with my lights on, I suppose).

David

Raven,

Sweet - thanks a bunch. I'll be PM ing this X3 this summer. Nice writeup. I don't know what all the chatter on this thread about alarm clocks is about?? Dunno. Say, what do you think about drilling the outer front axles for grease ports to the birfields? This thread is played, anyhow. Heh....

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom