Air Conditioning. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ghostrider I

I wear many "heads" as I have many vehicles.
Threads
Anyone in CLT or near know of a reasonable yeah right, place that works on Air Conditioning? My AC went in the Diesel on the way to Raleigh and the gas one needs some attention too.

Cheers.

Whats wrong with it? When you say went do you mean a line blew?? Compressor went out??

Just changed from a meat locker to a barbecue. Had it switched over to R134A two years ago. Have yet to look at condenser and what not. As for the gas, PO said he had it charged yearly.

You most likely have a bad evap coil. Check the ports for leak. Dean will work on it but I doubt it is going to be cheap. Do not put any additive on it. It could damage the compressor.

You most likely have a bad evap coil. Check the ports for leak. Dean will work on it but I doubt it is going to be cheap. Do not put any additive on it. It could damage the compressor.
Dean is booked into July, however I could have him look at it as he wants to do an oil change and adjust injection timing after 1000 miles since the overhaul on the diesel. I could have him look at it.

Just changed from a meat locker to a barbecue. Had it switched over to R134A two years ago. Have yet to look at condenser and what not. As for the gas, PO said he had it charged yearly.

Charged yearly = known leak.

but great new nickname/tag for the rig. Just use caution on which clubs you visit.

You most likely have a bad evap coil. You should check the ports for leak. Dean will work on it but I doubt it is going to be cheap. Do not put any additive on it. It could damage the compressor.
Yeah, I think this might be it. I will also ask my friend about it. He might know more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom