Air Conditioning on 1979-83 trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
all the cars and trucks i have owned had an AC button. my 1980 truck has ac but there is no AC button. does the AC in the 1st gen trucks work without the button?

all the cars and trucks i have owned had an AC button. my 1980 truck has ac but there is no AC button. does the AC in the 1st gen trucks work without the button?

Not sure about your truck but on some Toyota's the "on-off" switch was incorporated in with the A/C fan speed rheostat. That is the case on my 1985.

Last edited:
My 83 mini has an additional little switch on the knob for the fan control i believe that is the A/C switch you are looking for. If i get a chance i will get out an take a pic of it for you to show it

onboard air?

While this subject is @ the top, would you add a new switch to active the compressor if you converted it to OBA? This project is coming up for me and I was thinking of setting it up that way.

My 83 mini has an additional little switch on the knob for the fan control i believe that is the A/C switch you are looking for. If i get a chance i will get out an take a pic of it for you to show it

i would like to see that. i was looking through the 1980 fsm and it seems the switch is in the heater/fan controls. i guess there isn't a factory button. i would like to see your setup to be 100 percent sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom