Aftermarket TPMS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting some new treads put on tomorrow at Discount Tire. I know I have TPMS issues, I am tempted to just disarm the whole thing but the folks at DT were trying to talk me in to having them replace them. Seems like I have heard mixed reviews as to whether that will be a lasting fix or not? Anyone else with experience there? The tech at DT even mentioned that they have had some issues with their sensors pairing up with the GX. I'm thinking it may not be worth the hassle and just disconnecting.

My friend just paid $340+ for 5 new sensors from America's Tire I believe. I can't believe it was so expensive! I opted to bypass and save the money, it's not worth it to me.

Is there a fuse to pull to kill the dash light? I'm also looking for a quality Bluetooth TPMS setup.

Just bypass it. My tpms was blinking when i bought it. previous owner was quoted 1300 to replace all 5 at the lexus dealership. (maybe why they sold it). I went home and did the bypass wire trick. Just one less thing to worry about.

Just throwing this out there: I got 4 OEM refurb sensors on eBay for ~$60. Techstream programmed them with no issues. Light is out, all is well :)

Delete the TPMS system!
Life is better without blinking lights.

Lots of good stuff in this thread. I did mine a while back and have never had an issue. I just check my pressure every few fill ups. You know, like back in the day ;)

Oddly the light was off when I picked it up from DT. They must have reset them somehow. I checked all tires including spare before I went and all were in spec, so not sure what to make of that. Who knows, bet it comes back on soon, will just disable if/when it does!

Oddly the light was off when I picked it up from DT. They must have reset them somehow. I checked all tires including spare before I went and all were in spec, so not sure what to make of that. Who knows, bet it comes back on soon, will just disable if/when it does!

If it was reset, it will usually take 70-80 miles of driving before the light returns. If it doesn't after driving that far then you should be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom