Affordable & Lightweight 80 Series Front Bumper Option (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GGM

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.generalgreenmanufacturing.com
This is a feeler post to see how many would be interested. We have designed a bolt on bracket to take a widely available off the shelf bumper and adapt it to the 80 Series front. This option is plenty strong for everyday/ light wheeling use and fits nicely. Add on our winch plate and you now have a very affordable winch bumper.

Let me know what you think.

Roger cruiser.jpg
Roger bumper.jpg

Thanks for doing this, I really like tube bumpers but also depends on what you mean by 'very affordable'. Could you post a few more pics? Interested in how far it sticks out from grill.

Reactions: GGM
I'll grab some pictures when I get a chance. As far as price, don't hold me to it exactly. It's subject to change some. But ballpark prices:

Bumper: ~$170
Bracket:~ $60
Optional winch plate: $170

So for around $250 (plus shipping) you could have a bumper. Then for about $400 total you can have a winch bumper. I think that's pretty affordable.

I really love the idea of this, very very affordable compared to the other options. Not that crazy about the tube bumper here though tbh, I'd happily pay more for a bumper that was a bit wider and maybe had hoops coming up

I appreciate the feedback but repurposing this widely available bumper is what makes it so affordable. Take that away and it becomes difficult to be competitive with other existing options.

Seeing the lack of interest this option has gotten, I doubt we'll be moving forward with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom