advice on my future (may be) purchase: LC 1999-2000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When the seats are folded the first time like this: > Then rotated forward the 90 degrees it leaves 5.3 feet to the tailgate. Unfortunately there is no other configuration available for the second seat. It was designed like that to make third row ingress/egress a little easier. Third row was never a thought for a 4Runner. I'm not sure what it would take to unbolt one side of the second row. I'm curious if anyone has tried that before? edit: I see hoser answered that one.

I'm 6'0 and had to sleep diagonally in mine up in Tellico in the rain after my tent flooded. (Didn't look like rain when we left for the trails so I never put the rain fly on! :) ) I would like to add that I slept better in the LX470 than in my tent the night before. That good sound deadening kept me from hearing the bears running around in the woods all night!

:frown: :frown:
tabraha said:
When the seats are folded the first time like this: > Then rotated forward the 90 degrees it leaves 5.3 feet to the tailgate. Unfortunately there is no other configuration available for the second seat. It was designed like that to make third row ingress/egress a little easier.

Thank you!!!

progress,

You can unbolt the seats and remove them but this is not "easy" to do. It would certainly be worth the effort for a longer trip though. You would gain about 18" I think...

calamaridog said:
progress,

You can unbolt the seats and remove them but this is not "easy" to do. It would certainly be worth the effort for a longer trip though. You would gain about 18" I think...

Yes… this is one of the options I can use.:cheers:

progress4m, if you don't carry passengers in the back much, you can just run with the 3rd row seats installed and remove the 2nd row seats. I've done this for a couple of months. If I needed to take passengers, they would sit in the 3rd row. Looks kinda funny but it works and they get a lot of legroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom