Adding hoop to Sahara bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im thinking of adding the aluminum hoop to my arb Sahara bar and am wondering if I need to buy the rubber buffer pads with holes in them for the bumper as well. I talked to Slee today and he felt I needed to, but I am tempted to just buy the hoop and then use a hole saw to cut holes in my existing rubber buffers. This method would save me $120... anybody try this?

I bought the hoop, now I’m trying to decide if I should color match it to the truck or paint it black. The Sahara bumper is color matched so I’m leaning that way...

Did you also add the rubber buffer pads? Just curious...

If you aren’t sure about paint, maybe start with a can of plasti-dip to experiment. That way you can get the look...see if you like it...and easily peel it off of you don’t. If you do like it...either leave it on...paint it...or vinyl wrap it.

Lots of options.

Just remember that it’s not intended for protection like a bull bar.

I haven’t gotten the pads yet, I’m planning on it though. Does it offer no protection at all? Is the hoop just for looks?

I haven’t gotten the pads yet, I’m planning on it though. Does it offer no protection at all? Is the hoop just for looks?

Strictly for looks.

It is only connected by one smallish bolt on either end of the chrome tube. Too little resistance to leverage if a critter strikes the top of the hoop. Maybe better than no hoop, but not marketed as protection.

AFAIK, I have one of the 1st 7 ARB Sahara bars in the U.S., installed on our 2000 Tundra in 2000.

Several of the rubber bumper elements are nearing failure, w/20 years of sun & no maintenance. The original grey powder coat is in good shape. I've mounted the chrome hoop in both positions (leaning forward/back). It's purely cosmetic, but possibly not a damage-multiplier. Since mounting after a minor fender bender, have never had the need for ARB protection. I believe it may serve as a deterrent to jaywalking KSU students.

I bought the hoop, now I’m trying to decide if I should color match it to the truck or paint it black. The Sahara bumper is color matched so I’m leaning that way...

Post some pics of the final product. I think the ARB Sahara looks really sharp when color-match to a 200.

AFAIK, I have one of the 1st 7 ARB Sahara bars in the U.S., installed on our 2000 Tundra in 2000.

Several of the rubber bumper elements are nearing failure, w/20 years of sun & no maintenance. The original grey powder coat is in good shape. I've mounted the chrome hoop in both positions (leaning forward/back). It's purely cosmetic, but possibly not a damage-multiplier. Since mounting after a minor fender bender, have never had the need for ARB protection. I believe it may serve as a deterrent to jaywalking KSU students.

Relevant:
E52645CB-D9F6-43AC-A4E6-40DE0AF4B655.png

Is the mounting of the hoop as Markuson says? A through bolt into the ends of the hoop? That's disappointing if so. I suppose it would be good for hanging lights, and looks, but no protection. Hopefully it's sturdy enough that if a person falls into or bumps it it doesn't rip it off.

That is the ARB I am thinking of, was looking at the Sahara but if I hit a deer I want to make sure the headlights don't get taken out and the metal hoop on the Sahara doesn't seem to offer much protection.

That is the ARB I am thinking of, was looking at the Sahara but if I hit a deer I want to make sure the headlights don't get taken out and the metal hoop on the Sahara doesn't seem to offer much protection.

If you want full critter-strike protection, get ARBs full bull bar or the TJM T13 (TJM often hard to come by though).

If you want full critter-strike protection, get ARBs full bull bar or the TJM T13 (TJM often hard to come by though).
Thank you. I felt that was the right choice for bull front end protection against critter strikes. Color matching the paint and will add lights, winch etc. Then skid protection and finally sliders to replace the stock plastic bits but I need sliders that have a good side step for my wife to get in/out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom