Accessible land along the 260 between Camp Verde and Payson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kinda relevant? We didn't make canyonlands (long story) but did get out for several days on a head North on hwy 77 "throw a dart" way of thinking. Day one was a late start and we ended up at Apache Lake.
007.JPG
012.JPG
016.JPG

We pulled out at 7am the next morning and looked at the map and decided to take the back way to Young, FS road 203/Cherry Creek road.... Beautiful area, eventually becomes a narrow shelf road and more technical the farther one goes. Then we drove into a burn scar and I found the wife was a pretty good spotter when I said "passenger tire on those rocks". Several drainage crossings after I was scoping out places to turn around. We found it became more weeds and grass and an impassible washout shortly after. I would have an awesome pic of the OME/Bilstein flex at one point, but more concerned about getting out safely than digging out the camera.
After turning around, we made it to Young in 10 hours and only traveled 130 miles.
018.JPG
019.JPG
022.JPG
023.JPG
025.JPG

Last edited:
Lost an eye, and discovered the departure angle is on my future build list. :lol:

040.JPG
NCM_0137.JPG

Last edited:
Must have been a cold front come through Thursday night, I had one of those solar showers bungied to a pine tree and woke up to a block of ice...
No cell or internet for 5 days..👍

Last edited:
Must have been a cold front come through Thursday night, I had one of those solar showers bungied to a pine tree and woke up to a block of ice...
No cell or internet for 5 days..👍

Thank you for sharing. I am really wanting to get up north before the snow starts to fall but I am not really too concerned about the snow either. It will make for a better trip and some times can provide better views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom