AC on a 2.7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been looking for a 3rd gen 4Runner for a while, and found a pretty decent rig with a 2.7 manual, but no AC. I know that AC will hurt the mpgs, but it is almost a must for me when ragweed starts. I would prefer a 2.7 for what I will be doing with this truck, so the question is, what am I looking at to install AC?

Is it even worth it, or should I keep looking...?

our 2.7 tacoma has a/c and I can only tell you that I've noticed almost no power loss from using it and very little in the way of gas mileage issues. that is a pretty powerful 4 cylinder motor.

That's what I was hoping to hear...I guess the big question is if I can find all the AC gear, as I do not think Toyota still has an AC kit for it...and how much it would cost.

This is a pretty nice truck...otherwise I would not waste my time looking for, and thinking about adding AC...

OK, so the truck I am still looking at, does not have AC, but I want to install one on it...so...besides the engine bracket, is the rest of the system the same for a 2.7 as it is on a 3.4?

What do I need to look for to put together an AC system for this 2.7 '96?

Anyone have 2.7 with AC that they are parting out??

It should be easy to get all the parts as they were produced for a long time and there should be quite a few at junk yards.

I can find a lot more with 3.4 vs the 2.7 at the local yards, which is why I asked if the AC from a 3.4 is the same as the one found in the 2.7...apart from the bracket on the engine. Anyone know for sure??

I can't imagine the in-dash equipment being too terribly different. If there was any divergence at all, it would be softer items, like the length and shape of the gas lines, otherwise, it makes the most sense that subsystmes would be "one-size fits all" but we're not often so blessed in automotive circles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom