Ac compressor noise and draw (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I idle the vehicle it’s at about 500rpm. When I switch on the Auto Climate Control the AC kicks on; when this happens the AC cycles on and off and the rpms kick up to about 700rpm. Is that normal?

Also when I stand outside and the compressor cycles it seems loud to me. No belt squeal just a loud mechanical noise. I’ve never had a vehicle of this size and don’t know if this is normal. I have a Honda Odyssey and I barely notice the AC, certainly there is a draw on the engine when it cycles on but in the GX I feel it more

Is my AC going out? Or maybe the clutch

When I idle the vehicle it’s at about 500rpm. When I switch on the Auto Climate Control the AC kicks on; when this happens the AC cycles on and off and the rpms kick up to about 700rpm. Is that normal?

Also when I stand outside and the compressor cycles it seems loud to me. No belt squeal just a loud mechanical noise. I’ve never had a vehicle of this size and don’t know if this is normal. I have a Honda Odyssey and I barely notice the AC, certainly there is a draw on the engine when it cycles on but in the GX I feel it more

Is my AC going out? Or maybe the clutch
Pretty normal the spike in RPM's. Engine compensates for the effort required to move the a/c compressor, I believe.

I purchased my GX recently and noticed that the AC compressor is quite loud as well. Asked the shop to check it for me when they were doing some other work (they work on a TON of GX's) and was told that it sounded perfectly normal. I was surprised by the noise level.

this is a recent vehicle for me as well and had it safetied and at the mechanics for some exhaust manifold work and no one mentioned anything to me about the AC either, but you never know with mechanics.

the system blows cold so I guess I’ll just continue to monitor the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom