1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ac belt screw up

Discussion in 'CA- SoCal 80's' started by smittycrusher, Aug 26, 2006.

1. smittycrusher

smittycrusher "Hey big guy, you a golfer" - Roger Dorn SILVER Star

soooo.... my ac on the LX started screaming like a toddler/wheel grinder on the 210 last week. I noticed that the AÇ belt was very loose and it was the compressor making all the noise. so today, I pulled off the belt skid plate to tighten the new OEM belt (installed in march by me) and notice that the bolt to tighten the pulley is completly missing...wtf...so I pulled the bolt off my 93 and put it on the LX since my ride to work is .7 miles and the princess must go further. did I not tighten it enough when I changed the belts? AM I a dumb arse or what? good thing I need some more parts from dan...just add this to the list....knowing him he stocks it.smit

2. RAYJON

RAYJON Get a bigger hammer..

If I remember right the adjuster bolt is just that, for adjustment the nut in the middle of the pulley holds it all in place, so technically once you tighten the middle of the pulley you could take the other bolt out....

so once you adjust it and tighten the nut in the middle of the pulley then snug the adjuster to keep it from going anywhere..as it will be finger tight, and how do I know this, it goes back almost 20 years to a toyota pickup I did the same thing on...

3. smittycrusher

smittycrusher "Hey big guy, you a golfer" - Roger Dorn SILVER Star

ray you are the man...I just went and checked the bolt in the center of the pully and whatdoyouknow....it was soo loose it had almost fallen out:mad: . So I after tightening it I guess I should be ok to go without the adjuster bolt on my 93....assuming that the pulley bolt is tight on it too:rolleyes: . I guess this is a journey in which you are always learning as you go:D

Smit

4. RAYJON

RAYJON Get a bigger hammer..

good deal, nice to know you are back in business.... isn't having 2 cruisers nice, when one has a problem you have nice parts supply....

as far as the journey ,, Life is a Highway, just remember to enjoy the ride....

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">