ABS Codes - Need Guidance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had several codes come up on my '99 TLC that I need help with. Only my check engine light is on and no other ABS lights.

1. C0278 ABS Solenoid Relay Circuit
2. C0210 Right Rear Wheel Speed Signal Malfunction
3. C1253 Motor Relay Circuit
4. C1256 Accumulator Low Pressure Malfunction

Should I start buying the parts and schedule a service appointment or have a diagnostic test done first? The car is driving absolutely fine and these four codes came up at the same time. Like I said, no other ABS lights are on at the moment.

What did this end up being? I've got those codes as well...

Check for caked mud or rust in ABS sensor housing on each wheel. ABS sensor is sitting right on the top of each wheel bearing and has magnetic ring in each bearing. Maybe that magnetic ring is rusted. Or maybe damaged wiring. Possibilities are endless. But the above two are the most common causes for ABS light to turn on.

What did this end up being? I've got those codes as well...
So we ended up replacing the fuel pump sender which didn't work immediately. My mechanic then tried patching up the area with some material which was kind of a last ditch effort before buying a new fuel tank. Ultimately, the code has been off for a while now but I still smell gas, unfortunately. A new fuel tank will run about $500 :/

So we ended up replacing the fuel pump sender which didn't work immediately. My mechanic then tried patching up the area with some material which was kind of a last ditch effort before buying a new fuel tank. Ultimately, the code has been off for a while now but I still smell gas, unfortunately. A new fuel tank will run about $500 :/
Maybe you had two threads going... I was talking about all the ABS lights on the dash and C0278 (short or open in ABS solenoid circuit) issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom