About to install winch on 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 02 100 series and I'm going to be installing the Smittybilt X20 10k with cable on a semi-custom hidden winch plate behind the stock bumper.

I have 4 3/4" shackles, Smittybilt Shackle mount, a snatch strap, tree saver, and a Rugcel 10 ton snatch block.

I know I'll need some winch line dampers as well. I am not to the winch and recovery world.....is there anything else I should put on my list of things to get? I'm thinking also a small shovel and an anchor down the road. But for now the only places I will venture of the somewhat beaten path will have plenty of trees around.

Small shovel is very useful.

I would recommend a winch extension line for longer pulls. I carry an extra 100' synthetic line when I go on wheeling trips.

gloves. maybe get a couple soft shackles, and get a set recovery hook kits.

i carry 2 recovery straps 30', 2 smaller soft shackles, 1 large soft shackle, tree saver strap, couple pair of gloves, 30' kinetic recovery rope, 4 standard shackles, 2 snatch blocks, 6' chain, extra recovery receiver hitch and pin(amazing how many times people don't have a recovery point), recovery multi hook set, extra synthetic winch line, couple thick trash bags to lay on, 4 dampeners. also a small portable power jump box. I do a lot of mud recoveries in North TX so this has worked quite well. keep it all in 2 nice soft bags in the back. 99 lx470 with hidden smitty winch behind factory bumper as well.

What is a "recovery multi hook set"?

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/t...sagLef1au-7iN7UK0HBsAzr3iVKp2RLYaAqB7EALw_wcB

Interesting multi-hook thing. i'm not sure how useful it would be for me here in California when doing recovery. I've never come across a recovery that needed something like that.

Here's some install photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom