A440F pan drop/fluid amount

Visit site
Hi all

I'm going to be dropping the pan and cleaning the filter on my A440F today. I bought a new OEM gasket, and I need to go get the ATF. How much is needed to refill after this procedure? Any tips?

Thanks!

Visit site
Ended up using a smaller ratchet and socket that slipped right into the space. Now, how does one disconnect the transmission dipstick tube thing that's connected to the pan? Mine's hanging by it for the time being...

Visit site
I did this too recently, and I got about 7 litres. This included a night of letting it drip.

Don't forget to clean the magnets and a new gasket for the filter too.

Visit site
@Hambone, yes original tranny, no previous work done. I did a fluid only change ~5 yrs ago. Recently began experiencing bad noise when letting off and getting back on it...think its not totally locking in OD.
89 FJ62.
Sorry for the hijacking.

Visit site
I did mine about a year ago, dropped pan cleaned filter etc. but I did the rodney flush. I think they hold a total of 16 quarts IIRC. I bought 18 quarts of synthetic for the flush. Topped it off and it works pretty dang good now after a little adjusting of the kick-down cable. And its bolted to a 350. 190k miles or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom