A343F Transmission Temp gauge (1 Viewer)

Hello all, I'm looking to put a transmission Temp gauge in on my RHD KZJ78 with a A343F trans. Does anyone know where the test port is on the transmission? Or if you've put this gauge in do you know the thread pitch/length? Where have you put your sensor otherwise if not in the test port? Thanks in advance!

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Hello all, I'm looking to put a transmission Temp gauge in on my RHD KZJ78 with a A343F trans. Does anyone know where the test port is on the transmission? Or if you've put this gauge in do you know the thread pitch/length? Where have you put your sensor otherwise if not in the test port? Thanks in advance!

I've never looked into it, but what I can tell you is the A343F is used in a ton of Toyotas, so probably just a google search will help you answer your question. 4Runners/Prados/80series/100series/Tacomas/Tundras etc. And the A34x trans series is used in an even wider array of Toyotas.

I tow a 3500lb 16' camper with my LJ78 (truck+trailer=8500lb). Ashamed to say I don't monitor ATF temps. But I can say I've done this for years and never had a problem! I did add an auxiliary ATF cooler in series (before) the OEM radiator cooler. It's important to keep the radiator one to warm ATF in winter.

I flush my ATF every two years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom